gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:46:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Album Covers - PART 3  (Read 2293 times)
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:00:10 PM »

www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com

Forgive me for flooding a number of Beach Boys sites with this info … but I’m just getting word out that PART 3 of my Beach Boys Album Covers project – BACK THROUGH THE OPERA GLASS - is now up and running (ahead of schedule aswell !). Please check it out – and I’d value any feedback as before.

It’s building into a pretty big site now, so please also feedback if you’re having a troubles loading it …
Regards one and all
Malc

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »

This is a great site!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »

You've done a favor to all Beach Boys-fans. This site is awesome !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »

A most impressive and informative website. Colorful...beautiful, actually. I will spend many hours visiting it, and thank you for the obvious hard work that went into getting it looking like it does...Cheers, PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »

Great picture.Of the guys with all there records  Shocked

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »

Great site. Covered a few albums before and about to do a few more now. My only gripe is having to read those great stories from the screen. If it ever makes book form with those cool pictures, put me down for a copy.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 12:41:05 AM »

Great site. Covered a few albums before and about to do a few more now. My only gripe is having to read those great stories from the screen. If it ever makes book form with those cool pictures, put me down for a copy.

I would LOVE to get it into print ... but the thought of contacting all those record companies, photographers, agents and 'god only knows' who else to obtain permission to retail their work is a frightening thought. All said, others have said the same thing to me, so who knows what the future may hold ...?
Thanks for your input ...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 10:16:16 AM »

Nice work! Hey, I have a question about the Still Cruisin album. Never been sure about this, but is the reason that side 2 is full of oldies because their contract with Capitol for this album said it had to have a certain number of BW songs? I remember reading in Rolling Stone, some time before this album came out, that they had a deal with Capitol for, like, one album, and part of the deal was it had to meet that requirement. So did they meet the requirement through the technicality of putting best-selling old songs on there to fill it out?

Your mention on the site of those songs being included, when there were other movie-related songs like "Chasin' the Sky" that could have been included, made me think of that question again.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »

Great stuff!!

It must have been a real labour of love.

Well done, and thankyou!

BJ

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx