gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 03:18:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Britain - An afternoon around the "Campfire" with Stevie Kalinich  (Read 4531 times)
Rob Johnson-Howe
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2006, 01:53:37 PM »

BBB GOES "BEATNIK"! AN AFTERNOON OF MUSIC AROUND THE "CAMP FIRE", WITH POETRY READINGS, STORIES TOLD AND A WHOLE LOT OF HARMONY, PLUS GREAT HOT FOOD!

SPECIAL GUEST STAR IS STEVIE KALINICH (POET, AUTHOR, WRITER OF SONGS WITH THE BEACH BOYS AND OTHERS)
with a few other surprises...

DATE: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2ND 2006

VENUE: THE FOX INN, RUGBY ROAD, LUTTERWORTH, LEICESTERSHIRE, LE17 4BN

TIME: 1 P.M. TO 6 P.M.

TICKETS ARE £12 - WHICH INCLUDES A HOT MEAL (CHILLI, HOME MADE SOUP, JACKET POTATOES, ETC.)

IF YOU WISH TO COME IN YOUR BEST BEATNIK GEAR, PLEASE FEEL FREE SO TO DO! THERE WILL BE A PRIZE FOR THE BEST OUTFIT!

THERE MAY BE A LITTLE CHRISTMAS CELEBRATING TO DO, TOO!

Tickets are available in advance, from:

Val Johnson-Howe
Beach Boys Britain
3 Mill Grove
LUTTERWORTH
Leicestershire
LE17 4BS
England

Enquiries email: funky.pretty@btopenworld.com

Please come along and support us for our end of year event. Bring your bongos, hand percussion, guitars and vocal chords! All welcome!

We look forward so much to seeing you there.

HOTELS

There is a Travelodge in Lutterworth http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/291/Lutterworth which is just a few yards down the road from the venue.

Also there is a Premier Travel Inn at Rugby http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24085 which is about 7 miles from Lutterworth.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

...sounds like a really good time. I would love to bring my ukelele and do a couple of BB songs in a 'campfire' arrangement. But I'm on the other side of the pond, and won't be able to get there. Great price for the get-together, tho....

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx