gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:44:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about this? Brian's doll....  (Read 7135 times)
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:34 AM »

[
Asking money for your own autograph is lame.

I think they should have just had the 300 signed ones and said, "The first 300 orders will get an autographed doll" for the same price.
As for the doll thing, I don't think it's worth complaining over. Some people really want it.
I think people spend too much time and energy criticizing Brian's management over things that aren't worth criticizing.

Amy, I just think Brian's management should look at what the fans want rather than what **they think** the fans need.

I started a thread "What releases would you like to see in the future?" last week and not one person at any point has put a Brian Wilson doll. That says a lot.

Like shelter said, in theory, Brian is selling his autograph at $75 a pop. Whos idea was that? As fans we pay a lot of money to see the gigs / buy the CDs etc, the autograph should come free, or as you said, the first 300 purchases. I wouldn't pay for an autograph.

Whilst we're talking about autographs, I asked David Leaf for an autograph once before and he declined as my Liverpool Summer Pops programme didn't have the words "Smile" or "Brian Wilson" on the front of it (though it had a picture of Brian and feature on the inside). Now that did give me and the people around me a laugh, he's hardly a celebrity though he might think it...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »

I don't understand what some of you have against such a doll. It's common practice among rock-stars. Elvis has 4 or 5. Jim Morrison, John Lennon also got one. It has nothing to do with the music and no one claims that. It's the same as when you buy a poster, just more expensive.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 07:58:43 AM »

I don't understand what some of you have against such a doll. It's common practice among rock-stars. Elvis has 4 or 5. Jim Morrison, John Lennon also got one. It has nothing to do with the music and no one claims that. It's the same as when you buy a poster, just more expensive.

All of the above are dead rock stars. What does that say? Heh heh!  Grin

Come on Rocker, even you must think it's a little bit naff? I'm not so much against the doll itself, more the motives behind it i.e. you pay DOUBLE for a signed doll. It is also a little scary. If someone brought that to my door last night for Hallow'een I'd have been scared to death!

The hell with the doll, gimme some new music / releases Brian!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 08:13:30 AM by Zander » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 08:52:46 AM »

All of the above are dead rock stars. What does that say? Heh heh!  Grin

Come on Rocker, even you must think it's a little bit naff? I'm not so much against the doll itself, more the motives behind it i.e. you pay DOUBLE for a signed doll. It is also a little scary. If someone brought that to my door last night for Hallow'een I'd have been scared to death!

The hell with the doll, gimme some new music / releases Brian!

Well then it's Brian's fault that he is one of the last living legends ?  Wink

I'm not saying that this isn't done just for the money or something, but like I said, it's common practice. And if someone is willing to buy an autographed doll for a higher price, they should go ahead. It's just marketing, it has nothing to do with the musical side of Brian's career. I'd even say that he probably doesn't know such a figure exists.
They could ask for even more if there are still people who'd buy this. I don't like that doll-stuff but I can understand it. Finally Brian is treated like other major rockstars (if it's good or bad)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 09:10:01 AM »

What I'd really like to see is a small-scale replicas of one of Carl Wilson's guitars, especially the blonde Gibson. Put it in a nice case with his signature on it.

Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 09:25:16 AM »

I don't understand what the anger is about, it's just for promotion. You guys have no sense of humor.

I hope they release a whole set of Beach Boys dolls with instruments or maybe a diorama of the Gold Star studio that you can pose them in.

Maybe we'll get a set of Wrecking Crew dolls!

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 04:28:55 AM »

I'd buy chocolate Pet Sounds cereal.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 05:28:19 AM »

Choco Sounds!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 05:54:45 AM »

I don't understand what the anger is about, it's just for promotion. You guys have no sense of humor.

I'm not angry, I just think it's a crap product produced 'cause the management need more money and have run of musical product to sell to fans.

I have a sense of humor, but not at $150 for a signed doll!  LOL

Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:54 AM »

This doll looks like Brian more than that $150 one does....

Dear me, they've even brought out an Al Jardine doll now!!!  LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx