gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681508 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 05:18:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddy Medora  (Read 2417 times)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2006, 08:43:57 AM »

I heard from a friend last night that Eddy Medora, one of the orig. Sunrays passed away from a heart attack. These are my thoughts about Eddy...

Eddy was a vibrant part of the Wilson/Beach Boys/Surf/Pop/So Cal music scene(then and now)...the scene that we're all loosely or tightly connected through. He was a member of our family. He was a truly unique and memorable personality. Anyone who has read the occasional post he's written on the various boards might think he was much less than he actually was. Something about the way Eddy wrote...lots of spelling and gramatical errors...he probably spent more time touring with the Sunrays than going to class at Hollywood Professional School in the sixties...sometimes his posts came off as naive or simplistic. But in person all of that was proved to be ridiculously wrong. Eddy was a formidable guy...could have easily played a role on the Sopranos and fit in seamlessly. He was stylish, funny, confident and very generous with his time and his heart. He was the life of any party he was at. He was so much fun to be around. The guy in real life was absolutely nothing like those posts he wrote on the boards...except that he retained the sincere quality that those posts showed. I've gotta say that several encounters with Eddy , one at the Landmark weekend in particular, left me laughing for weeks. There was just something about him that obviously celebrated  what was good about life. He had a zillion storys about the sixties, Dennis, Brian, Carl, Murry. And most of them were funny as all hell. I'm going to really miss Eddy because he is completely irreplacable...one of a kind. There's no way to feel good about this one. I wanted to see Eddy again so I could laugh with him again. No Eddy means less laughter and fun in the world. Somebody in heaven is hearing a great punchline today.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:56:18 AM »

We have, indeed, lost a friend.  Hard to imagine the big goof won't be around anymore.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
MBE
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »

I did an interview with him and he was so nice. I hate to hear this
Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »

Yeah, I learned about it last night . . . a real shocker . . . and a real downer. A great guy.

Eddy was always very supportive of our projects on Jan Berry / Jan & Dean's behalf. . . . I didn't see this one comin' by a long shot . . .

M.

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:15:18 PM »

...I am very sad to hear this news. Condolences to his family.....

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Nat
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:43:12 PM »

I never met him. But he aged really well and seemed to be a bit of a Renaissance man with his painting, music and acting. Very suave.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx