gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:09:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Love joins Mike & Bruce's Endless Sounds of Summer Travelling Jukebox  (Read 13255 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 06:25:53 AM »

Heywood, I think "In Bloom" doesn't exist anymore and they also had just one of carl's sons (Justyn) and one of Denny's (Carl B.).
Christian Love has a very good voice from what I've heard. He sang some of the "Carl-Parts" on Mike's not-yet-released album, including "Cool head, warm heart" from the "Songs from here & back"-CD

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »

Hi,
yes he plays a barely audible acoustic guitar in some songs. 
He doesn't play it on all songs and he doesn't sing harmonies on all songs either.

If I need to compare his voice type to one of the BB I'd say it is a mix between a young Dennis and an young Carl..  but that's just to give you some kind of idea.  And no, his voice doesn't come out through his nose.

STE
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »

In Bloom is still around; it's their website that has fallen by the wayside.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »

Good to know, even though I am not that much of a fan of their musi, I think it's good that some new Wilson-blood-songs see the light of day.
After reading some of the last messages I think it would be a very interesting idea to bring together those Wilson/Love/Jardine-folks (that is kids) and see how they blend together.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:16:25 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »

As long as their lawyers are present!   Grin
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »

Hi,
yes he plays a barely audible acoustic guitar in some songs. 
He doesn't play it on all songs and he doesn't sing harmonies on all songs either.
That's odd. Maybe he doesn't know all the songs yet?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »

Saw the Mike and Bruce show last night, and was once again thoroughly entertained.  Those cats are no Brian Wilson Band [only Cowsill and Totten stack up musically, as far as i'm concerned, and maybe Farmer], but that doesn't stop them from stringing together a sh*t-load of good stuff.  [I exclude the execrable "Santa's Goin' to Kokomo" from that description for obvious reasons.]  Songs from the rare side included Don't Back Down, Getcha Back, Good to My Baby, Good Timin', Come Go With Me, a full I Write The Songs, and Santa's Beard in the Christmas set.  Rarest of the rare?  Nope.  But very cool to hear live.

Christian is quite unassuming on stage - in fact, it took me several songs to realize he was up there, even tho i knew he had joined the band.  His leads are unremarkable, his guitar playing [entirely acoustic] unnecessary...but he's another young face on a stage that's increasing dominated by old farts.

The audience was mostly people older than i [and i'm 45], but i've gotta tell ya - they were ROCKIN'!!!  Up and dancing for long stretches at a time, belting out the words, and enjoying every blessed moment.    So who cares what they call themselves?  A couple thousand people left very happy last night, and THAT is the important thing.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »

How did "Santa's Goin' To Kokomo" sound to you, and how did the audience receive it?
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »

It sounded lame...worse than the recording.  The audience was polite, but nobody was jumping out of his seat yelling 'WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"  Or even close.

It's embarassing.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »

'nuff said. Thanks Susan. Where's Bruce?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx