gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:34:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl concert photos  (Read 3266 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:35:05 PM »

I tried to upload my Carl concert pics, but the board won't allow it.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:37:42 AM »

Go here: http://tinypic.com/ 
upload them, then copy/paste this selection: >>IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards<<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »

ahhh yepp.......

you lost me with the instructions......   Shocked

so does that mean they are not uploaded yet?....

Rb
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:10:31 PM by Rick Bartlett » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »

ahhh yepp.......

you lost me with the instructions......   Shocked

so does that mean they are not uploaded yet?....

Rb

huh?

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »

okay, try this:
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/rocknroll50s/carlwilson.html
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/rocknroll50s/carlwilson2.html
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:57:06 AM »

Very cool. Thank You Lonely Summer for the pics..Yea just more proof who was in the CW band 1983.. Nice to know are memories are intact.. So if you went to see Cw 1983 you have been a BB fan a LONG time..!!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »

ahhhh! good shots bgas

damn, love that strat Carl is playing....... one sexy instrument....

do you have more pics?

Thanks for uploading them.

RickB
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:01 PM »

ahhhh! good shots bgas

damn, love that strat Carl is playing....... one sexy instrument....

do you have more pics?

Thanks for uploading them.

RickB

Not mine, Thank Lonely Summer

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »

Very cool. Thank You Lonely Summer for the pics..Yea just more proof who was in the CW band 1983.. Nice to know are memories are intact.. So if you went to see Cw 1983 you have been a BB fan a LONG time..!!
Yes, long time fan, saw the BB's just a month before Carl's solo show, I felt very spoiled that summer.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

Yeah,  Thanks Lonely Summer.  Rick, you still working at getting yours to post?
I saw both of the Carl Tours at The Old Waldorf, stayed for the late shows too.  I had a camera, but like Rick I'm no tech-y.  I do have a printer that will scan 'em.  Have to get out in the storage room to find them first.  Famous last words I know...I changed coasts in 1998, and a lot of my stuff is still buried in boxes.  Long before I thought I might need them to post somewhere.  I saw one of the last shows the Boys did with Carl in 1981 at UC Davis.  But, I can't say too much here cause there is no documentation, just my memory.  Though metal flake paint sent me a campus article, it only listed a few of the hits.  I think I have a set list, but the atmosphere was so intense...A great Dennis show, with all the brothers in fine form.  I was thrilled to finally see The Honeys, it really did me in.  Just a memory now...  And that doesn't fly around Smileyland.  I will say you could tell Carl was trying to figure out what Beach Boys' songs he might pick to play on his first solo tour.  He played songs I hadn't seen him play since 1974, or had ever seen him do.  He ended up picking only one, "Long Promised Road."  Old Waldorf was a small Supper Club, so I got a table real close.  It's hard to describe the emotion of having him within "talking distance."  He spoke directly to us, and did not disappoint.  Myrna was great.  I was surprised Carl picked her, but later learned of the connection.  At the Beach Boys' Circle Star show, later in the year, though I was close enough to talk to them, they had little contact.  I stayed for the late show that night too.  Whenever there were two shows on the date, I always paid for both.  I had a camera that night as well, and got some great Brian shots when the stage revolved my way.
Carl's 1983 show was a bit better, but just a bit.  His version of And I Thank You rocked.  "Too Early To Tell" was another highlight.  
I'll see what I can find, I do have the set lists, and get some of them up.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »

Oops! lost track in the thead...

Thanks 'Lonely'.....

these are cool cos they aint so called 'professional' pics...... we get to see the 'real' stuff in action...

is there more? or more BB pics you have to upload?

Thanks,

RickB

p.s.    great post feelsflow!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 11:53:10 PM »

Thanks 'Lonely'.....

these are cool cos they aint so called 'professional' pics...... we get to see the 'real' stuff in action...

Thanks,

RickB

I could post more, I just picked the ones that turned out the best to start with. A lot of the pics are quite some distance from the stage, but my girlfriend got up near the stage probably halfway through the show, so the best ones are hers. Carl looked at her when he was singing "What You Do to Me". Glad you guys enjoyed these, there is so little ever written about Carl's solo tours, but I admired the man so much for taking a risk like that, away from the protective shell of the Beach Boys show. I have a couple cassette recordings from the 1981 tour, but sure would be nice to find something more professional sounding.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »

Thanks 'Lonely'.....

Thanks,

RickB

I could post more, I just picked the ones that turned out the best to start with. A lot of the pics are quite some distance from the stage, but my girlfriend got up near the stage probably halfway through the show, so the best ones are hers. Carl looked at her when he was singing "What You Do to Me". Glad you guys enjoyed these, there is so little ever written about Carl's solo tours, but I admired the man so much for taking a risk like that, away from the protective shell of the Beach Boys show. I have a couple cassette recordings from the 1981 tour, but sure would be nice to find something more professional sounding.

A longtime Carl fan has posted several times on YouTube that "What You Do to Me" should and could have been a monster hit had it been properly promoted.  I agree, as a matter of fact, but, then again, I think every song Carl ever recorded was worthy of megahit status (LOL).  At any rate, like other have stated in this thread, some additional photos from Carl's solo tours would be greatly appreciated.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »

I will look through the photos again and see if there are any others worth posting. And agree WYDTM should have been a big hit - I really enjoyed him singing it in the Beach Boys show, May 1983, thinking that would probably be the only place I'd hear it. Really surprised me when he brought his own band to town a month later.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »

Thanks for posting the photos!

Carl's 1981 tour came to Atlanta, but not his 1983 one. I did get to see him with the BBs in 1983.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »

I will look through the photos again and see if there are any others worth posting. And agree WYDTM should have been a big hit - I really enjoyed him singing it in the Beach Boys show, May 1983, thinking that would probably be the only place I'd hear it. Really surprised me when he brought his own band to town a month later.

The crazed, photo starved Carl fans here say ANY  of your photos are worth posting

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 01:20:02 PM »

Carl was the Bomb
I stole that from bgas awhile back, now I say it all the time.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »

Carl was the Bomb
I stole that from bgas awhile back, now I say it all the time.

I want it BACK!!!
I can just hear Mark Lindsay now...   Indian Giver Indian Giver( uh-oh, crossing the line here, I think)  

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »

Am I stepping on toes?  
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:31:31 AM by bgas » Logged

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Don't believe ive ever seen CW wearing a shirt that loud before.. I think..
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »

I've seen that bottom photo before, I think it was in ESQ. Would like to know the date.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx