gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 05:33:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McCartney's woe  (Read 10225 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

I do not have a link, but I have seen the recent news postings, as I am sure you have...
    I think some of it is true , and most of it is false, but according to British/American law, that's enough to run with.
   Yes, I think he drinks, Yes, I think he smoked pot after promising her he wouldn't.
 Yes, I think he even might have been verbally abusive.
    But the rest of this developing story smells like yesterday's fish. I don't like the way this is heading for Sir Paul, and I hope it is resolved and revealed as the dishonest mess that it is. The strangest part is Paul telling Mills that she should not nurse their baby, because' those breasts are his", when Linda, owner of a most ample set, was allowed 3 children to suckle...The whole thing sounds like character assassination, and it's sad that it has gotten this far...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
MBE
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:13:45 PM »

She is making him sound like a dope fiend which is hardly true. Pot is not something I do but his use hardly renders him a raving drug maniac. Drinking? I have never seen or even heard about it affecting him at all except in 1970 right as the Beatles broke up. I have never seen him appear to be intoxicated. As far as hitting goes it seems like this is something even Geoffry Guiliano hasn't suggested. I really never liked her once I saw her on Larry King. No sense of humor and gross shock tactics to make your point are things about her that I find repulsive.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:23 AM »

"I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved.
Man I was mean but I'm changing my scene and I'm doing the best that I can."

I find it hard to believe that Paul McCartney is a booze and drug-addled wife beater.....and actually under UK law even if he is, it won't affect the financial settlement - which is what this court case is all about.

Heather's allegations are totally irrelevant to this particular court case. She's headline grabbing...or her lawyers are...

Heather would actually do better saying "I deserve a slice of Sir Paul's fortune because while he was married to me, he produced his first decent record in twenty years".
MBE
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 04:49:23 AM »

Actually I think Flaming Pie is by far his best modern one.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »

it doesn't smell right to me. McCartney may be a prick...a control freak, womanizer, pothead, elitist, whatever...but the guy has NEVER had anything like this pop up about his character in all these years. this crap doesn't just materialize out of thin air when you hit your sixties. there's no way this should have gone public, and no way its even close to being the whole truth. macca blew it by hooking up with this bottomless pit of a chick. His kids knew it...he should have listened.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:31:30 AM »

it doesn't smell right to me. McCartney may be a prick...a control freak, womanizer, pothead, elitist, whatever...but the guy has NEVER had anything like this pop up about his character in all these years. this crap doesn't just materialize out of thin air when you hit your sixties. there's no way this should have gone public, and no way its even close to being the whole truth. macca blew it by hooking up with this bottomless pit of a chick. His kids knew it...he should have listened.

Im with you.  I just don't buy it.  Paul definately has flaws like you mentioned but a wife beater?  I dont think so.  The man had a long relationship with Linda and they were totally in love.  You never heard anything about that kind of character in his time with her.  I guess it could have been kept quite but come on, I don't think she would have put up with it for that long a time.  That kind of flaw isn't something that just pops up all of the sudden.  At least I wouldn't think so.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »

I've got to hand it to Heather, though.

She'll go down in history as the woman who eclipsed Yoko Ono as the most hated woman connected to the Beatles.

Glenn
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »

She'll go down in history as the woman who eclipsed Yoko Ono as the most hated woman connected to the Beatles.

hear hear.....I think im the only one who likes yoko

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »

Second...I highly respect her as an artist.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 05:24:24 PM »

But that's the most confusing part of this story for me. If Heather would've just accepted whatever Paul offered/would've offered, she and her daughter and her daughter and her daughter and so on would've been set for life. They could've/should've gone their separate ways and said, "We tried, but unfortunately things just didn't work out. I'm very sorry..."

Heather would've always had her haters anyway to some extent. But now, as Glenn said, she will eclipse the hatred shown to Yoko. For the extra money, or for whatever her motive is (even if what she says is true), are the consequences worth the extra money? I guess so...
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 05:57:25 PM »

I think she may be trying to get back for all the things run about her in the press after the divorce.  All of which simply concerned her past, which she lived (and allowed to be photographed).  If she thinks Paul is in any way responsible for that, this is payback.  If he's not, at least she can save face by making him look bad, too.  Twisted, maybe.  But she's an odd bird.  I remember what Roger Daltrey said about her having the coldest eyes he'd ever seen.  He was once a very close friend of Paul and Linda, as well as a neighbor, so maybe he knew what he was talking about.

I do think Paul might have developed a drinking problem after Linda's death.  He showed up extremely drunk at the Wings' induction to the Rock Hall of Fame.  There was an interview with Van Dyke Parks after the Queen's Jubilee.  Van said Brian was very upset with Paul for being drunk during the festivities, to the point of detracting from the experience for Brian.   Not saying that Paul did all the things she's claiming (and now there are questions about the whole thing in the press), but maybe he's had some personal difficulties not even related to the marriage itself.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »

...Paul has been a fan of scotch and soda since "Hard day's night", and his pot consumption has been duly noted over the past 40 years. That part doesn't surprise me. The verbal abuse, I can understand, as well, as all married couples say hurtful things, and when you combine it with pot and alcohol, it can come out very mean spirited. I know this for a fact, and it is not something to be proud of, but to see it on the front page of the "Daily Mail" is another thing altogether. The physical abuse will be hard to prove, without witnesses to this, as will all of these other allegations. I am sure her lawyers are coming up with a plan to say that this was a first rambling draft of a decree, and was never meant to be made public until the details were ironed out, and they will blame the faceless somebody who leaked it to the press. That gets her off the hook for slander charges, anyway...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

I do think Paul might have developed a drinking problem after Linda's death.  He showed up extremely drunk at the Wings' induction to the Rock Hall of Fame.

I noticed that myself.  I think he even missed his cue to start singing "Let It Be."  Billy Joel just kept playing the intro over and over until Paul finally showed up at the mic and began singing.  It was very odd.

There was an interview with Van Dyke Parks after the Queen's Jubilee.  Van said Brian was very upset with Paul for being drunk during the festivities, to the point of detracting from the experience for Brian.

Never read that!  Wow.  You KNOW you're messed up when Brian Wilson is disappointed in you for being under the influence!

Not saying that Paul did all the things she's claiming (and now there are questions about the whole thing in the press), but maybe he's had some personal difficulties not even related to the marriage itself.

I don't think he ever recovered--or WILL recover--from the death of Linda.

Glenn
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:09:33 PM »

I just remember pictures of him after the death -- Paul looked like a broken man.

Who knows what he'll look like after this new round of nastiness.
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 10:54:33 PM »

Heather would actually do better saying "I deserve a slice of Sir Paul's fortune because while he was married to me, he produced his first decent record in twenty years".

LMAOO!!! Good one!!!!

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
MBE
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 11:47:25 PM »

Not a Yoko fan but I made same observation about how the heat will be off her now.
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 11:59:17 PM »

If she's such a strong woman, like she always claimes to be, how come Paul was the one to call it quits? Does anyone believe she really would take all that abuse from him? Very strange.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:00:36 AM by peerke » Logged
MBE
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 12:01:29 AM »

Thought you would want to read this. It's sounds like merda http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2411606,00.html
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 04:10:50 AM »

I remember Brian criticising Paul for being drunk at the jubilee celebrations.

Paul and Linda were extremely close...I remember Paul saying that before her illness they spent precicely one night apart. That's the kind of intense love that usually wanes after a year or two...but in their case it remained.

I was not surprised that Paul looked broken after Linda's death. I was surprised he hooked up with Heather so quickly but being a kind soul I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure Paul knows he's not perfect, but the whole wife-beating thing really sounds unlikely to me. As others have pointed out, it is not a trait that suddenly comes in one's 60's...and there's never been the slightest suggestion he was abusive towards Linda.

Every couple has their ups, downs and angry words....but the kind of verbal abuse Heather is alleging is far worse. Could be the actions of a drunk, angry man but again something doesn't ring true.

And what's the point? IT WON'T AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF THE FINANCIAL COURT CASE.

Yoko Ono...I think she was/is a very interesting artist in her own right...in a way its a shame she hooked up with John but in truth he was taking a new direction before they were together. Don't blame her for ruining the Beatles or John's subsequent output.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 05:01:05 AM »

At the R&R Hall of Fame in 1999, Paul was pretty tipsy. I don't know if "extremely drunk" is really the right way to put it, though. His speech was rather rambling and not particularly coherent, but that had as much to do with his general lack of ability to give particularly good speeches over the years. "Extremely drunk" to me seems more along the lines of ranting and raving, seriously slurred speech, on the verge of passing out, etc. Paul wasn't near that.

As for Brian complaining about Paul, I'll say that it takes quite a bit of audacity for somebody like Brian to complain about somebody else given that people around Brian have been accepting and understanding and often have been apologists for the odd behavior that Brian has exhibited for around 40 years now. Some people at that same Queen's Jubliee thing found Brian rather odd as well, prompting even Ozzy Osbourne to indicate that he found Brian odd. When Ozzy Osbourne finds you odd, that's something to either be very troubled by or very proud of. Probably both. Has anybody other than Brian been able to freak out both Iggy Pop and Ozzy Osbourne? The coolest thing about Brian is that he totally shuts down the eccentricities of others. I recall vaguely reading some story about Brian meeting with Elvis Costello, and somebody who witnessed the meeting said that Elvis Costello was doing his little bit of eccentric behavior and it was just overwhelmed by Brian's personality. Elvis seemed a bit thrown off that he wasn't the most eccentric person in the room.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 05:36:33 AM »

There's also that story about Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop making their way out of Brian's house, because he was acting a bit too weird for their tastes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »

Sorry to veer off topic, but what exactly was said about Brian and the Jubilee? What was "weird"?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »

I thought Brian was near-joking when he complained about Paul. VDP (I think) asked Brian what it was like to meet the Queen, and Brian said, "I couldn't get a word in! Paul had had too much to drink ,and he just kept talking! It wasn't fair because he'd met her before." That's paraphrasing, but I think the main complaint was that Paul monopolized the chatter.
But hey, it was Brian, and not Paul, who addressed the Queen as "Queen."
MBE
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »

Yoko Ono...I think she was/is a very interesting artist in her own right...in a way its a shame she hooked up with John but in truth he was taking a new direction before they were together. Don't blame her for ruining the Beatles or John's subsequent output.

Well I just dislike her voice. I don't blame her for John's quality of work, I merely dislike hearing screams (or her actually singing on more conventional tracks). I feel she was both good and bad for John. Do I think she got in the way of the group yes. I also think they broke up at the right time. I think it would have been disheartening to hear some of the solo output on a "Beatles" LP. I think breaking up then is one of the reasons they remain huge. They didn't decline and left everyone wanting more. Let's be honest if the Beatles TRULY wanted to stay together Yoko wouldn't have mattered.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 04:56:30 AM »

Yoko's got nothing on this Mills witch. Now she says she has video and audio of their arguments, and are willing to present them in court. Now isn't that a class act!? Secretly tape your yelling matches, and sit on them til the time is right! I have had enormous blow outs with my wife in the past. As in any argument, hurtful things are said, voices raised, doors slammed...If any of that were made public for the world to see, it would be some of the most difficult, embarrassing days and weeks spent on this planet, and I'm not even famous....This is going to get worse before it gets any better, I'm afraid...

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx