gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:24:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is It Just Me????  (Read 2450 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:44:29 AM »

Or can anyone else here a women moaning (in pleasure i assume) in the fade-out of All I Want to Do.

Studio nookie.....I wonder!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:49 AM »

That was Dennis making love to a woman in the studio, which engineer Desper recorded.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »

That was Dennis making love to a woman in the studio, which engineer Desper recorded.

I remember reading somewhere it took 2 takes.... Roll Eyes

Am I correct on this? Or is that part of the myth...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »

Here's the story direct from the Stephen Desper thread...

"I wrote a complete story about the f--k sound at the ending of All I Want To Do. That writing was one of those lost from Susan's old website.  So I'll retell the story -- AND YOU GUYS OWE ME ONE! 

I still have the isolated 1/4 stereo 15 IPS segment of that part.  Do it again is about a repeat climax!  All I Wanna Do is about . . . Dennis liked sex, what can I say.

One afternoon, if I remember correctly -- yes, that's right because I remember it was still daylight outside -- we were adding some parts to the song, Do It Again.  We were booked into Capitol studio one or two. Don't remember which one but they are both very large rooms and Sanatra amoung others have recorded whole albums in that studio.  The control room has a large window that looks out into the studio but the control room is not as spacious as others. We were booked into this large studio because it was the only one available that day.  I think all we were doing was adding a guitar part.  It was Denny's session and he and I were the only ones there -- along with the token Capitol union engineer. We finished sweetening the song with the guitar but had some time left on our booking.  Dennis had an idea for the end of All I Wanna Do (or maybe he was just horny). He pulled me off to the side and told me what he had in mind. Now the equipment doors -- double sound doors -- opened to the parking lot or street outside the Capitol tower from this studio, so you could get to the street and bypass the normal security guards at the entance to the tower.  So Dennis' idea was that he wanted to add some sex sounds to the end of 'wanna do and fade out with them.  (Sounds like a ploy to get some afternoon delight huh?)  So as Dennis slipped out the equipment doors I began to arrange for his plan.  There were plenty of hookers (this is pre-AIDS) a block away on Hollywood Blvd and further down on the Sunset strip from the tower -- an easy walk in the afternoon California sun.  So off he went.  In the meantime I mounted the multi-track for 'wanna do. Then I got a large violiin raiser that was about two feet off the floor and six feet by eight feet, carpeted, and put it in the center of the studio.  I got several acoustic padding blankets and spread them over the riser to give some softness to the carpet.  I moved two Neuman U67 condenser mics, mounted on long booms, positioned to hover over the riser.  I moved the mikes horizontal or parallell to the floor and about 30 inches above the riser.  I got two sets of headphones. Then I got another violin riser and upended it so that it was blocking the view from the control room of the "action" riser.  In about half an hour the door cracked open and in came Dennis with a girl -- nice looking too!!  Obviously they had come to some pre-arrangement because they both were undressing as I moved back into the control room.  So from now on I'm running the session blind.  We decided to just play the song over the headphones from the beginning and record from the top. To later edit out the best sounds and then wild-track them back into the song at the end.  So I ask Dennis to give me some levels.  He groaned for me. OK. We started the song, and he started his task.  All in time to the beat.  That was the whole idea -- or hole idea --    As the song progressed, so did Dennis' action and responses.  What a ham!  Fairly soon, I noticed that visitors were stopping by the control room.  Soon there were many executives at this Beach Boy session -- word was spreading quickly throughout the tower. The song ended and I ask the common question of the performer, "Was that good for you?"  Trying to maintain a somewhat professional composure, Dennis said it was, especially the last part.  I replied, ya it seemed to get more animated toward the end. To which he said that he wanted to overdub a second pass.  So before I could get the tape backed up Dennis and friend were already starting. This time he heard the song with his first take coming back into the headphone mix to give a little encouragement to the second passes performance. As soon as the music started he got right into the beat -- drummer you know! Again played the entire song until reaching the end, this time he was satisfied.  After some hasty dressing, Dennis came out from around the riser.  The girl did not stay and left the way she came -- came into the studio that is.  Actually I think she was a little embarressed as I asked her to sign a release -- didn't want a lawsuit later.  Then Dennis came into the control room to a round of applause -- dirty old men -- and we listened to a mix with both tracks included -- isolating just the f--k tracks from time to time.  I don't think you get to hear this type of activity in an acoustic enviornment with Neuman's capturing every nuance of detail in real up close sound stereo, very often.  It was quite a thing to hear and it was all on two seperate stereo tracks.  Then we found the parts he liked and edited it to the right length.  Wild tracking it into the multi-track reqired that you start the seperate tracks at just the right time so the beats line up.  It took a few tries but we got it and you hear it at the end of All I Want To Do as Dennis really is Doing It Again. 

Good Listening, ~Stephen W. Desper"
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 02:49:24 PM »

one of my favorite stories...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 04:46:32 PM »

LOL Too bad there isn't a Sea of Tones box set devoted to outtakes of that...

I kid, I kid!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »

hmm, I wonder if Mr. Desper ever plans on letting someone rummage through his tape vault...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Lola Jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »

Mr Desper should get out his isolated tracks and play them at parties... right before the strip poker.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx