gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:26:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's this DVD?  (Read 2984 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27151&highlight=beach+boys

I've never heard of it before...Sail On Sailor ft. Ray Charles?!? Who are those people in the picture? I'm confused  Huh

Wilsonista
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:49:53 PM »

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27151&highlight=beach+boys

I've never heard of it before...Sail On Sailor ft. Ray Charles?!? Who are those people in the picture? I'm confused  Huh

Might it be the 25th Annniversary TV special which was filmed in Hawaii? It's been bootlegged extensively.

And Ray doing Sail On Sailor is really the only good thing on it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »

I kinda like the Evrly Brothers-part, too. Unfortunately there's not very much live singing by the BBs.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »

do they even sing harmonies or what? i haven't heard a thing about this show. and yeah, it looks kind of crummy

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

The show was taped mid-December 1986, and broadcast mid-March 1987. Much work was done in the interim, especially on "The Spirit Of Rock & Roll".  Cool

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
wesi72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:03:37 AM »

It's available from Play.com: http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/694092/The_Beach_Boys_25_Years_Together_A_Celebration_In_Waikiki/Product.html

Cheers,
Andrew

Cheers,
Andrew
"Still cruisin' after all of these years"
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »

This show is worth the price just to see the terrible wigs worn by both Everly Brothers....(jeeeez, someone shoulda said sumthin to them)

Highlights also include Bruce singing the first part of Disney Girls, a Carl performance of Heaven from his solo album dedicated to brother Dennis, Al performing California Dreamin' and Brian's debut of  Spirit of Rock n Roll (just recently released for the first time on the 'Songs From Here and Back' Hallmark CD) sung with an energy and vigor not seen in Brian for some time at that point...

Not their best and some of the vocals are overdubbed but good to see the band functional again....
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx