gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:34:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What releases would you like to see in the future?  (Read 12122 times)
Cal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

The only live I'd be able to stand would be possibly a Beachago tour soundboard
and the "box set" tour from the early 90's with the accoustic matierial. We after that
we have enough live Beach Boys.

Otherwise, I'd like to get another collection of studio outtakes/alternates on a 2 disc set. First disc 60's and 2nd disc 70's thru today. Many more outtakes available from the Brother
Records period onward, but many of these shouldn't be released. Only the best of
what's in the vault--not just anything and everything.

Regards,
Cal
Smiley
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »

Another two-discer, some of it's a bit lousy songwise, but it'd be nice to have it in good quality:

1:

Back Home [1963] / Side Two / What'd I Say? [live] / Girls on the Beach [session excerpt, Mike's "joke" vocal] into / Girls on the Beach [vocals only] / Honda 55 / Don't Back Down [live] / Karen / She Knows Me Too Well [first version] / Please Let Me Wonder [Mike vocal] / Kiss Me Baby [track only] / Help Me, Rhonda [session excerpt] into / Help Me, Rhonda [live 1966] / Girl Don't Tell Me [alternate version] / Sandy / Papa-oom-mow-mow [live 1965] / Fun, Fun, Fun [live 1965] / Sherry She Needs Me / I Should Have Known Better [slower version] / The Times They Are A-Changin' [no overdubs] / Riot In Cell Block #9 /  California Girls [Party!] / Blowin' In The Wind / Smokey Joe's Cafe / Satisfaction / You're So Good To Me [live 1966] / You've Got To Hide Your Love Away [live 1966] / God Only Knows [live 1966] / Barbara-Ann [live] / Cabinessence [vocals only] / Child Is Father Of The Man

2:

Water chant / Mrs. O'Leary's Cow / Look / Little Red Book / The Letter / Game Of Love / I Was Made To Love Her [with tag] / With A Little Help From My Friends [pitch corrected] / Mona Kanau [sp?] / All I Want To Do [live] / Slip On Through [session excerpt / alternate take] / I'm Going Your Way / Rock And Roll Woman [live] / Over The Waves / Walkin' / Back Home [1970] / Awake [demo] / Your Song [live] / Lady / Sound of Free / Til I Die [demo] / My Solution / Wouldn't It Be Nice? [live 1970] / Seasons In The Sun / Telephone Backgrounds on a Clear Day / Okie From Muskogee [live] / Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again? / I've Got A Friend [live]

That would cover the first decade nicely for me.

Can you please tell me about "Telephone Backgrounds on a Clear Day"?  I think I've heard everything else on your list, but this title doesn't ring a bell at all.  Thanks.

Love and merci,    Dan Lega
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »

According to the Badman book, it's a Surf's Up-era outtake - a moog collage by Carl...that's all I know...
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx