gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:48:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Sessions Question  (Read 5091 times)
JDShadow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2006, 03:36:40 PM »

Are there any tracks from Brian's 1988 album sessions floating around out there, especially the ones from Rio Grande.

I know there is one bonus track in the re-issue, but are there others?

Thanks

JDS

It's Automatic...
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:53:36 PM »

Lets Do It Again was certainly meant to be on it (just reading a 1988 interview from Contrast magazine which has Brian running through the songs on what was then the forthcoming LP and that was on it). Don't think I've heard that myself anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:15:17 PM by alan brightmore » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 04:11:14 PM »

There's a Walkin' The Line mix which heavily features Terence Trent D'Arby's harmony vocals. That's on Surfin' Rarities vol. 6, among other places.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:16:13 PM »

Are there any tracks from Brian's 1988 album sessions floating around out there, especially the ones from Rio Grande.

More like are there NOT any tracks from Brian's 1988 album sessions floating around. Demos, live versions, alternate versions, session fragments, promo mixes, single mixes.
jazzfascist
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »

Lets Do It Again was certainly meant to be on it (just reading a 1988 interview from Contrast magazine which has Brian running through the songs on what was then the forthcoming LP and that was on it). Don't think I've heard that myself anywhere.

"Let's Do It Again" is on The Wilson Project  bootleg. Pity they didn't include it on BW 88.

Søren

"How can I come on, when I know I'm filthy"
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

"Let's Do It Again" is on The Wilson Project  bootleg. Pity they didn't include it on BW 88.

Søren

Agreed. And it's a pity they didn't include "He Couldn't Get His Poor Old Body To Move" on the album. Did whoever was making the decisions for the final track list have an aversion to rock and roll, or were they trying TOO hard to make Brian appear as a "serious artist"?
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

There's a Walkin' The Line mix which heavily features Terence Trent D'Arby's harmony vocals. That's on Surfin' Rarities vol. 6, among other places.

Oh my god, Ian, I had manage to repress my memories of that steaming pile of merda until you triggered them with your post.  Horrible.  Singularly Horrible.  "Talkin' 'bout American Girls" horrible.

"I walk the line every day for yoooooooooou!"

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx