gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:28:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's OK (B Wilson cover)  (Read 2667 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:08 PM »

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4459132&q=hi

......For those of you familiar with '15 big ones', this song and arrangement should come as no surprise...It's just some of the happiest summer music I've ever wrapped my jowls around, and I hope, with the cooler weather approaching, you can remember the feeling this song evokes....My wife give me a hand with the upper harmony, 'cause I can't seem to reach it by myself nowadays.    PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
wonderphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »

PMcC,

Great feels on this one... 3D

Hey Paul, you sent me your Psychedelic Garden CD
when you submitted your compilation track...

It found itself lost among the masses of CDs here...

Well I rediscovered it and popped it in, and it's really great...!

Groovy and experimental; very musical...

I really dig the Eno-esqe textures throughout...

If you meant them, then you know what I love...

If they were unintentional, then you would love his
"Here Come the Warm Jets" "Taking Tiger Mountain"
"Another Green World" (etc.etc.)...

BP
20to20
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:18:41 AM »

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4459132&q=hi

......For those of you familiar with '15 big ones', this song and arrangement should come as no surprise...It's just some of the happiest summer music I've ever wrapped my jowls around, and I hope, with the cooler weather approaching, you can remember the feeling this song evokes....My wife give me a hand with the upper harmony, 'cause I can't seem to reach it by myself nowadays.    PMcC
Nice clean version of one of my favorites...
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:55:24 PM »

This is my fav.song of the 70s, good rendition
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:58:41 PM by jeroen » Logged
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »

....Thanks to everybody for checking out this attempt at "It's OK" ..It is the best of the few mixes I did for this version, and it , too, is my favorite from 15 big ones, along with 'back home'.."that same song"...I might throw my version of 'back home' on the board in the near future.
   Wonderphil, thanks for slapping on the cd and checking it out. Yes, the Eno connection is definitely there. (you're talking to a guy who actually hums along with 'music for airports'  Ha!)  Actually, with a lot of that stuff , I was going for certain feels from certain groups in the late 60's..I wanted these harmonies to sound like the Byrds, and these to sound like the Beach boys, and this instrumental to sound like 67 Who, and that intro to sound like 67-68 Pink Floyd with Syd Barrett...and on and on, and just linked them together into parts of songs, and then songs. And most of it holds together pretty well. The collab I did with Barry Thomson.."at twilight" has to be the best vocal mix I've done at the house in a long time. Thanks again for listening to it.    PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx