-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Office
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Office  (Read 5354 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

any fans here? I'm a huge fan of the US version, I recently bought the 2nd season and can't wait to see the premiere on Thurs. I have the last 4 episodes to catch up on.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:04:49 AM »

The English version of the Office is great! I've never seen the US version. Ricky Gervais is fantastic as David Brent, have you seen his "new" programme called Extras? I'd go so far as to say it's better than the Office... Grin

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »

I started an Office topic a few months ago...good looking out  Roll Eyes

anyway, I love both versions but I enjoy the US version more.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:41:29 PM »

Guys, I'm so sorry for you, that you probably won't be able to understand the german one. I really can't think of any better one than this. It's called "Stromberg" here and every single actor is awesome and not to top imo.

Anyway, here are two clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLy1WhfJMU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-CKfquBsc

The first one is just a preview and is not part of the actual show.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:07:06 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »

sorry joe...i just honestly got into it, so i wasnt paying attention

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »

"Stromberg" is the best thing on German TV since Loriot. I really mean it! It's THAT great. Christoph Maria Herbst was born to play this character.

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »

GREAT Season premiere last night...

--
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 12:41:01 PM »

Am I the only one who is thinking that maybe “The Office” has "jumped the shark"? This season has been funny, yes, but isn’t there a lack of that sense of cosmic perfection found in the first 2 seasons? Maybe it’s just me. Characters are acting in ways that seem forced at times. Don’t get me wrong, I love the show, it’s the only show I watch, and I hope to God I am wrong, but the show just doesn’t seem quite as magical as it had in the past. Something is missing (maybe British scripts to work off of?).
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »

The Scranton branch is kind of boring right now, all except anything Dwight is involved in. For me, its ALL about the Stamford branch. I cant get enough of those guys...BIG TUUUUNA ALRIGHT!

LOL

and I loooooooooooove Karen...shes gorgeous!

--
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »

Am I the only one who is thinking that maybe “The Office” has "jumped the shark"? This season has been funny, yes, but isn’t there a lack of that sense of cosmic perfection found in the first 2 seasons? Maybe it’s just me. Characters are acting in ways that seem forced at times. Don’t get me wrong, I love the show, it’s the only show I watch, and I hope to God I am wrong, but the show just doesn’t seem quite as magical as it had in the past. Something is missing (maybe British scripts to work off of?).

Haven't really been following the American version, but there's proabably a limit as to how long it can run without jumping the shark, less time than the usual sort of show, I reckon.  Over here, Ricky Gervais ended it after two series (of, I think, 6 episodes each), followed by a two-part Christmas special.  That was the right time, I think.  A third series may have brought it down somewhat.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
MBE
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 08:41:52 PM »

I think it is the best show on TV. I am in the US so I relate to that version more. I like the UK one too though. I don't think it is any worse then before because the realism of people not staying at the same job or branch rings true. Funny as all hell I think
Mr. President
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 06:54:13 AM »

Love The Office, I've only seen the US version, I hear the British one is better.  It's a clever show with that uncomfortable/I feel bad for that person kind of humor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: