gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:38:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Written and recorded today.  (Read 2447 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

I did this kind of country-folkish thing today after work. (Actually I wrote it while at work. Shh. Don't tell.)

http://download.yousendit.com/3F4948C5267E0A08

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:06:43 AM »

In case you are only marginally interested and don't want to download this, I have now posted it at my band's myspace site, too: www.myspace.com/thebeaumondes

The song is the first one, "Curses and Blessings."

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »

I liked it a lot - nice harmonies, I  liked the simple arrangement too and the lack of complex time signature and key changes. How different do you think it will sound when the band get hold of it? Any gigs yet?
theCOD
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »

Great song!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

How different do you think it will sound when the band get hold of it?

To be honest, I only did it off the cuff--I'm not sure I'll give it to the band to do. We'll see about that.

As for shows, we had another run-through of some of my songs, and we've got a repertoire of about a dozen of mine and a few nice covers. I spoke to a local promoter the other night about lining us up, and as an Ellen Kay fan, he's ready to go.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx