gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:47:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds 2LP - UK availability??  (Read 2834 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:37:25 AM »

Anyone else having problems sourcing a copy of the UK vinyl re-re-re-re-release of Pet Sounds?

I pre-ordered from 101cd.com (based in Guernsey or Jersey, I forget which...) several weeks (months, even) before it was released. It was then being advertised at around £11/£12. A couple of weeks after the release date I received an email from them saying the title had been deleted and they wouldn't be able to supply.  However, the title then re-appeared in their catalogue, but at more than doubel the price.

When I enquired they said they'd sent the email out in error. It hadn't been deleted but they';d only been supplied with 30 or their original order of 60, and their supplier couldn't supply more at the same price but had at a higher price. So my order went unfilled, and they're now charging more than double the price they originally advertised the product at. Is that even legal? It's hardly good customer service...

Ach, yer right, I'm just very, very cheesed off!!!!!

I've now re-ordered from HMV and await the outcome...

“We live in divisive times.”
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 05:39:58 AM »

what about US availability? where can  i find a copy?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:10:18 AM »

I ordered at 101cd.com as well (in July) ...and got that same unpleasant message last week by mail....and, yes, I also immediately checked it's availability on their website.... to find out they still have it.  Angry

Decided to order it the old way as I was used to do: at my favorite local record shop, to find out it still is available for a "normal" price. 2 versions to be exactly: the US version for €31,95 (which would take a couple of weeks to arrive) or the "Dutch pressing" for €28,95. Which could be picked up 2 days later....decided to go for the Dutch one...which turned out to be a US-pressing as well (!!!), but that didn't really bother me.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Yankee8156
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

what about US availability? where can  i find a copy?

Easiest way is probably eBay or AcousticSounds.com. I got mine at a local record store, though I stopped in at the Virgin Megastore first, and they said a number of stores had placed an order for it, just not that particular one. Pretty much any good record store will have either ordered it already or will do a special order for you if online shopping isn't your thing.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 12:28:41 PM »

I feel pretty lucky, i pre-ordered it from 101cd on June 29th for £11.99 + £1 p&p. The day of release came and went, but my order still said 'processing' on the website, so i emailed them and i was told that they had arrived late in their warehouse and were shipped 1 week late.

i got mine a couple of days later at the original price. I havent listened to it yet because i am waiting for a new stylus to arrive.

hmv.co.uk have it in stock for £13.99 inc. delivery, it says on their website.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 12:54:56 PM »

i dont understand why BW.com is advertising for it, and when you click on the link, it's not the LP is the CD on amazon...darn their false advertisements   Cheesy

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »

Just go to a record store and ask if they can order it for you. I do that all the time. They have the best ways to get it and if something goes wrong then it's their problem, not yours.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 12:57:43 PM by shelter » Logged
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 12:52:36 AM »

I think all the UK pressings have gone now. The only one I could find in *any* Central London record shop last week was a US press, and that was the last copy they (Rough Trade) had.
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 12:53:10 AM »

Which reminds me: what are the differences between UK & US pressings (if any)?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 03:47:16 AM »

Got mine in tower records, along with today, summer days (and summer nights

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 04:05:41 AM »

Speaking of "Today"  : http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/09/16/205149.php

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »

I pre ordered from amazon.co.uk ages ago.

They are quoting a potential delivery date of 2-4 September....well that has passed...

I shall be mighty  upset if amazon are unable to supply this when I ordered back in June I believe...the day it appeared on their site...
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »

Buy it online from sister ray. Mine arrived about a week or so ago.  3D

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx