gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:04:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this true  (Read 2835 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »

I've heard a story, that Paul McCartney came to call for brian, but he just locked himself up in a room crying.

Now, people have told me that this is false, and that it was just made up for the H and V book,

So can someone tell me the full story, and if it is true?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:16:28 PM »

In Peter's book he describes it in better detail, something about Brian embarrasing himself by putting a fish bowl on his head during a get together and then retreating to his room.

Something happened along those lines, I guess. So yeah, it is true....not sure if he was sobbing, though, although I have heard that story too.
jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 02:53:32 PM »

I heard brian hid under his bed during a Mccartney visit as well there are several different versions of this story.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 03:20:17 PM »

I heard (not sure if it happened like this, I may have hodgepodged two seperate events) that Paul visited Brian during the recording of Vegatables, and played him "A Day In The Life"... kind of funny, because it would be Paul showing Brian the most incredible song the Beatles had done to that point, while on the other hand Brian would be showing Paul one of the most simplistic childish songs the BB's had done up until that point. 

After that meeting (during the recording of vegatables) didn't Brian's "smile" recording sessions kind of wind down?  Maybe Paul playing him a Day In The Life helped take the wind out of his sails a little bit. 
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »

I"ve also heard that he played him She's Leaving Home, not A Day in the Life.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:23:51 PM »

I"ve also heard that he played him She's Leaving Home, not A Day in the Life.

Yea I've heard different versions that have Paul playing either an acetate of A Day in the Life or playing a live piano version of She's Leaving Home.  If it really was A Day in the Life, Ron may be right about it shaking Brian up a bit, especially in the context of a Vegetables recording session. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »

The 'weeping-in-the-room' (or in one version, the pool house) episode happened in, I think, 1974. The fishbowl event was first recounted in the 1971Rolling Stone articles, by Terry Melcher, I believe, and made no mention of Paul.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
XY
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:35:14 PM »

Yea I've heard different versions that have Paul playing either an acetate of A Day in the Life or playing a live piano version of She's Leaving Home.  If it really was A Day in the Life, Ron may be right about it shaking Brian up a bit, especially in the context of a Vegetables recording session. 

This was stated by Marilyn & Brian, so I guess it's true: Paul played an acetate of "A Day In the Life" and "She's Leaving Home" on the piano. Brian played Paul "Wonderful" on the piano.
MBE
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:56 AM »

The 'weeping-in-the-room' (or in one version, the pool house) episode happened in, I think, 1974. The fishbowl event was first recounted in the 1971Rolling Stone articles, by Terry Melcher, I believe, and made no mention of Paul.

Yeah Peter got the year wrong in the book and the fish bowl story was Candice Bergen.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:41:29 AM »

This was stated by Marilyn & Brian, so I guess it's true: Paul played an acetate of "A Day In the Life" and "She's Leaving Home" on the piano. Brian played Paul "Wonderful" on the piano.

Ok so I'm not totally crazy about what the Beatles songs were...I'd never heard anything about Brian playing Wonderful, however, that's pretty cool!
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »

I read somewhere that Brian, Mal Evans and Paul McCartney Paul, Mal all played guitar on a version of  ‘On Top Of Old Smokey’. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx