gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681572 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 17, 2024, 04:34:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is This An Error?  (Read 1404 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2024, 04:40:12 AM »

Event getting a mention on the Endless Harmony Board under the title BB Ultimate Get Together. I’m not a member but perhaps someone could query, correct. Bit surprised given his…history.

https://www.facebook.com/BBBWFINALBASH

*The Final Wave…The Beach Boys Fans  Ultimate Get Together*
“Let’s Get Together And Do It Again”…
Isn’t it time we were all together again? We’d like to invite you to The Final Wave, on Saturday April 20th 2024 at The Wycliffe Rooms, Lutterworth, Leics, LE17 4ED.  The final line-up is still being worked on, but artists who have indicated their intention to be with us - either in person or via Zoom - include David Leaf, Probyn Gregory, Nelson Bragg, Scott Bennett, Alan Boyd, Stevie Kalinich, Al Gomes, John Cowsill… plus many more band members, family and friends. With surprises during the day!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 01:54:04 PM »

It's a real fan event in the UK, and looks to be organized by the folks who put together the Beach Boys Britain fan gatherings.

Edit: I just realized you were questioning the name in yellow (which doesn't show up well for those of us using a light theme).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:00:43 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 01:57:17 PM »

I googled this crime and found an interesting tidbit from Karmafrog on reddit:

"Scott was far from blameless, but I'll just say there was some very selective release of information and omission of context by the prosecution, and the media coverage that resulted.

Some of what I know is second hand through a (female, and very feminist) lawyer who viewed the entirety of the tape, not just what was released. She was outraged at how it was portrayed.
"

Those closer to Scott are probably more willing to forgive based on context that those of us in the nose-bleed section aren't privy to.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 05:01:51 PM »

Scott lives in the UK.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 06:46:13 PM »

I'm not speaking to how anybody should feel about Bennett, but if you've followed this stuff over the past decade, a number of people in that community, including some band members, have remained supportive of Bennett (providing testimonials on his music industry "for hire" page, etc.).  So I'm not surprised that some folks would be fine doing an event with him.

I recall at some point several years back, Bennett was soliciting music industry work using a pseudonym/name change, but I guess he's not doing that anymore?, maybe because the only way people could look up his music credits is under his name.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on one's view), when you Google "Scott Bennett Brian Wilson", the search results are still probably as close to career-killing as something can be.

I don't know anything about the guy or what he's doing now, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's either in a totally other line or work now, or working on a more staff level in music to where he isn't selling his services based on his name recognition/clout having worked with Brian Wilson.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 12:24:47 AM »

Scott lives in the UK.

Seriously? Unless he is a UK citizen I’m not sure how that happened.
I think he should be distanced from anything Beach Boys/ Brian Wilson at this point personally.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 01:01:40 AM »

I'll be "advocatus diaboli" here and note that SB served his time and paid his debt to society.  The fact is that from "Imagination" through Brian's late-career renaissance, SB is part of the story.  Heck, he's a person Brian called "the most talented musician I've ever met." Digest that one for a minute.  None of that can't be changed or taken away from him.  Must he be ostracized forever?   
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 02:24:29 AM »

Well he would remain on the sexual offenders registry for life I believe.
Hey, as long as the organisers and attendees are ok with it I guess that’s their business. The venue might be concerned if he is there in person?
The incident happened on a Brian Wilson Tour. Brian and The Beach Boys name still being associated with the guy leaves a bad taste tbh.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 03:54:31 AM »

I'll be "advocatus diaboli" here and note that SB served his time and paid his debt to society.  The fact is that from "Imagination" through Brian's late-career renaissance, SB is part of the story.  Heck, he's a person Brian called "the most talented musician I've ever met." Digest that one for a minute.  None of that can't be changed or taken away from him.  Must he be ostracized forever?   

The whole point of the law is for society to outline what criminals owe them. As a society, we outlined it and he paid it

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 07:43:15 PM »

The whole point of the law is for society to outline what criminals owe them. As a society, we outlined it and he paid it
Exactly. He did his time, he should be forgiven.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2024, 05:00:50 AM »

Scott lives in the UK.

Seriously? Unless he is a UK citizen I’m not sure how that happened.
I think he should be distanced from anything Beach Boys/ Brian Wilson at this point personally.

His wife is from the UK.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx