gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:28:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PET SQUARES #17 is up! Side One of Beach Boys Party  (Read 583 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2023, 05:12:47 PM »

PET SQUARES: A GEEK'S GUIDE TO THE BEACH BOYS is back! Been a minute, but now we're ready to tackle (in two parts) the last album the band did before PET SOUNDS: the oddball BEACH BOYS PARTY. PET SQUARES #17 has an overview of the album plus a song by song analysis of side one: what song has perhaps the highest note Mike Love ever hit? What long time auxiliary Beach Boy debuts on this album? And the eternal question of who played bass? All answered here.  Also, patrons and contributors to the channel will be getting a download code for the long-deleted AMCB PARTY, an "official bootleg" we did with Alan Boyd and other rascals with our very own take on the "Party" concept plus a lot of Beach Boys-related studio tracks not released elsewhere.

I also just want to do a quick shout out for my other travel/storytelling show, ADAM WALKS AROUND, which just dropped its 50th episode, "Moving On," (https://youtu.be/rxrNpsRi8iE) filmed in Manila, Philippines. Episodes 47 and 48 have passed 5K views, which is amazing. Thank you everyone who watches my little channel.

Join the PET SQUARES "PARTY" here:  https://youtu.be/-V7aDzjJh9I

Bob K
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 06:39:11 PM »

Awesome, Adam!  I really enjoy the Pet Squares series.
Bob
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 02:19:27 PM »

Man, "Beach Boys' Party" is one of my favorite BBs albums - there, I said it. I just love the idea behind it and the intimate sound the record creates. Plus there's actually really good music on it. Apart from the "Little Deuce Coupe/I get around" medley, no track is a throwaway. "There's no other"? Out of this world.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx