gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 09:24:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Hinsche "Carl Wilson Here and Now DVD"  (Read 1695 times)
delsboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2023, 07:21:17 AM »

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Billy Hinsche's "Carl Wilson Here and Now DVD". I would really like to see it.
Thanks in Advance!
Dave
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 01:03:35 PM »

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 01:43:45 PM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 02:40:19 PM »

You'll have to try the secondary markets like eBay. Billy's website has been taken down, and none of his product is being sold since he died. BBFC is hosting the content from his website, but nothing's for sale.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 02:49:13 PM »

I say this with the utmost respect; Billy Hinsche's work and legacy is going the way of Carl Wilson's, which is to say, nowhere. Why not keep Billy's stuff in print, or make it available for streaming, or both? Unless there's some sort of weird protracted fight over his estate or something, they should keep his stuff available in some form. It's just sitting there doing nothing as is.

Yes, Carl and Billy's work survives via the fans and the various Beach Boys releases. But Carl's estate hasn't seemed to do much of anything with his legacy. No photos books, no archival releases.

I don't know that I need to hear solo Billy stuff so much, but his videos on Dennis and Carl, while not so much "documentaries" as they are love letters to the men and their fans, should certainly be made available. Indeed, someone should be going through his archives and putting more stuff out as far as Beach Boys-related stuff.

Carl's extended family clearly has a low-key, hands-off approach to all of this. I understand not wanting to give interviews or do warts-and-all books. But there are things they could be doing that would be nothing but a celebration of the man and his work. Same with Billy.

I hope somebody at some point starts looking at all of this.

I dunno, maybe Billy's estate can work out a deal to sell off his stuff to BRI/Iconic. Same with Carl's stuff for that matter.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 06:05:55 PM »

I would love to see Billy's work back in the marketplace. What needs to happen is for the family to find someone trustworthy to handle releasing his projects for them.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »

Before he passed, I talked to him a bunch. He at one point suggested that we collaborate on a book about his life. I was not aware that he was ill and, while I would definitely have been up for that, I didn’t realize the urgency.  I think he was thinking about his legacy and I also think that is why he did Live from Billy’s Place-he wanted to share stories of his life
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 05:55:07 PM »

Part of the reason he did Billy's Place was to work up material for a solo song and stories tour. He'd have been good at it, he was quite the raconteur.
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 08:58:14 PM »

I'm glad Billy's YouTube channel is still there and all of the Live From Billy's Place videos are still available.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 11:51:24 PM »

I say this with the utmost respect; Billy Hinsche's work and legacy is going the way of Carl Wilson's, which is to say, nowhere. Why not keep Billy's stuff in print, or make it available for streaming, or both? Unless there's some sort of weird protracted fight over his estate or something, they should keep his stuff available in some form. It's just sitting there doing nothing as is.

Yes, Carl and Billy's work survives via the fans and the various Beach Boys releases. But Carl's estate hasn't seemed to do much of anything with his legacy. No photos books, no archival releases.

I don't know that I need to hear solo Billy stuff so much, but his videos on Dennis and Carl, while not so much "documentaries" as they are love letters to the men and their fans, should certainly be made available. Indeed, someone should be going through his archives and putting more stuff out as far as Beach Boys-related stuff.

Carl's extended family clearly has a low-key, hands-off approach to all of this. I understand not wanting to give interviews or do warts-and-all books. But there are things they could be doing that would be nothing but a celebration of the man and his work. Same with Billy.

I hope somebody at some point starts looking at all of this.

I dunno, maybe Billy's estate can work out a deal to sell off his stuff to BRI/Iconic. Same with Carl's stuff for that matter.
Amen! I'm glad I got Here and Now when I could, and the cd's of Carl's solo albums.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx