gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:49:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SpongeBob and Brian  (Read 2454 times)
sailonsailor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »

This may have already been noted, but Brian (plus his daughters) sing background vocals on the new SpongeBob SquarePants CD, The Best Day Ever.  It's produced and co-written by Andy Paley, and it's sort of a kids homage to The Who Sells Out, a fake radio broadcast of SpongeBob's band, The Hi-Seas, with mock commercials between the songs. Some of the songs capture the feel of Beach Boy classics, especially "Riding The Hook" and "Tighty Whiteys". You can hear Brian's layered voice singing "Krabby Patty" on the song "Doing The Krabby Patty."  It's a fun album, Paley really captures the feel of garage-rock and surf-era guitar songs and harmonies. Of course, you have to listen to SpongeBob sing, but you can't have everything.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »

Which daughters??
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

Interesting in that I thought there was a rift between the Wilson and Paley camps...
sailonsailor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

delaney and daria.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »

I think a lot of "rifts" are created in the imaginations of folks who hang around boards like these.
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 03:16:59 AM »

There was once an interview, where the speaker of Spongebob mentioned that Brian was an influence on the character. He then sang a bit of "Wind Chimes" with his Spongebob-voice.  Cool

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 03:31:11 AM »

I like Spongebob, but it's not as good as 'Ren and Stimpy'  Cheesy (didn't Paley do the music for this too?)

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx