gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:36:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds new Dolby Atmos mix …  (Read 3375 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2023, 07:20:06 AM »

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-re-released-with-new-dolby-atmos-mix-listen/

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 07:42:47 AM »

Will be listening in my new Honda Civic with its 12-speaker Bose centerpoint surround system.
woowoomachine
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 12:05:33 PM »

Does anyone know a way to download the individual channels separately for listening on Windows?
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 04:33:40 PM »

Will be listening in my new Honda Civic with its 12-speaker Bose centerpoint surround system.
I heard it. it sounds nicely spacious and I hear elements in my rear speakers, but I'm not sure of I'm hearing it the way it's supposed to be heard.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 02:45:29 AM »

Would it be heresy to suggest letting Martin fils take a crack at a Smile-sessions remix?? 3D
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 05:24:44 AM »

Supposedly Amazon Music has the mix but it's not properly marked as such in the application.  Quite confusing.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 11:27:16 AM »

Supposedly Amazon Music has the mix but it's not properly marked as such in the application.  Quite confusing.

Amazon is horrible at this. I've been trying to avoid going back to Spotify but I don't know.
KC41
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 07:25:16 AM »

When I searched “Pet Sounds”  on Amazon Music the results clearly indicate a choice of choosing an Ultra HD or Atmos mix.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 06:21:28 AM »

Amazon is horrible at this. I've been trying to avoid going back to Spotify but I don't know.

Agreed.  I think they routinely utilize incorrect mixes for various albums and it's really hard to tell if you're listening to the correct version of the song or not.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2023, 09:12:05 AM »

Just saw this post by Brian's Facebook account:

Following the recent Pet Sounds Dolby Atmos release, five iconic Beach Boys albums have just been released in Dolby Atmos. Listen to All Summer Long, Surfin’ USA, Surfer Girl, Little Deuce Coupe and Shut Down, Vol. 2 as you’ve never heard them before. Available on Apple Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Tidal. Let us know what you think!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 02:11:27 PM »

Thanks, Rocker! I'm back on Apple Music so I'll be checking those mixes out - especially looking forward to the Little Deuce Coupe album, such beautiful harmonies to hear in 3D stereo I'm sure.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 07:59:53 AM »

Looking forward to hearing these Don't seem to be available in the UK yet.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx