gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:07:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1972 on my website  (Read 962 times)
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2023, 08:51:41 AM »

So, finally got enough time to finish up 1972 on my site-Beachboysgigs.com . Feel free to check it out! Has lots of reviews, ads, photos (I try when ever possible to use a photo from the show-but it is not always easy to find one for every concert (though I am sure they exist somewhere...) but all the photos are 1972.  You can also look at 1962-1971 gigs-which I have tweaked occasionally-when something new appears or a photo pops up.  I also have an updates blog-which is up to 1972 right now-that is updates to my book with Jon-such as shows we did not know about when we wrote it-or perish the thought-corrections to mistakes....

https://www.beachboysgigs.com/1972-2/
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 09:06:30 AM »

So, finally got enough time to finish up 1972 on my site-Beachboysgigs.com . Feel free to check it out! Has lots of reviews, ads, photos (I try when ever possible to use a photo from the show-but it is not always easy to find one for every concert (though I am sure they exist somewhere...) but all the photos are 1972.  You can also look at 1962-1971 gigs-which I have tweaked occasionally-when something new appears or a photo pops up.  I also have an updates blog-which is up to 1972 right now-that is updates to my book with Jon-such as shows we did not know about when we wrote it-or perish the thought-corrections to mistakes....

https://www.beachboysgigs.com/1972-2/

Fascinating stuff. Thank you Ian!

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 06:25:29 PM »

Thanks!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:48:25 AM »

Wonderful! I didn't know the show on Feb. 25th was even filmed. So there is a filmed live performance of the Beach Boys playing "Surf's up" out there somewhere. That is the kind of stuff I hope will be used in the new documentary.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 04:39:33 AM »

There is a lot of footage sitting in the vaults from the late 60s to the 80s-but due to all the rights issues-some may never see the light of day-or it may be in the scrap heap-but the Grand Gala was filmed (at least in part)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx