gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:47:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Totten and John Cowsill depart Beach Boys band  (Read 12703 times)
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2023, 12:34:51 AM »

The plot thickens. John Cowsill just posted a photo of him with his arm around his replacement.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2023, 01:26:36 PM »

It seems there is no thread for Mike&Bruce's tours of this year, so I post this here:

Your chance to see the Beach Boys like never before

Don't miss a chance to see the Beach Boys perform with the Nashville Symphony. For more information, please visit nashvillesymphony.org/beachboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kjfXIIVqw

There's a promo video on the nashvillesymphony link. Interestingly you obviously see Mike in that video, you never hear him. It's like someone deliberately only used songs that feature Brian clear and front (apart from "Kokomo", but they only use the chorus of that).

Interviews with Mike:

Don’t miss your chance to see The Beach Boys take over Nashville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTcfaGU_48

Mike Love - The Beach Boys' Tour - FOX17 Rock & Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlV8PMbokc

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2023, 12:58:28 PM »

It’s official. In a comment on a Facebook post about his website, John Cowsill wrote “I was let go by The Beach Boys.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2023, 04:24:55 PM »

Awful, Mike's letting Stamos run his touring band. BW needs the BBs name back before we get a stamos run touring act.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2023, 11:53:54 PM »

The plot thickens. John Cowsill just posted a photo of him with his arm around his replacement.
Presumably, he bares no ill will toward the new guy, and doesn't want him to face any misguided rage from the fans.

But the level of implied involvement from Uncle Jesse certainly did raise my eyebrows...

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2023, 06:40:03 AM »

I didn't see that comment anywhere, just curious as to where you saw it on Facebook? Usually when other band members have departed in the past there's supposedly been some sort of gag order in place, so I'd be surprised if JC bluntly stated that he was let go. Would be curious to see that in writing from him.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2023, 09:06:14 AM »

I didn't see that comment anywhere, just curious as to where you saw it on Facebook? Usually when other band members have departed in the past there's supposedly been some sort of gag order in place, so I'd be surprised if JC bluntly stated that he was let go. Would be curious to see that in writing from him.

Cowsill said it in a response to someone's comment under one of his posts (I think the one with simply a link to his website).  You have to dig through them.  It's way down in a chain of posts and responses.  But yes, he writes "I was let go by the Beach Boys."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 09:07:11 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2023, 10:58:42 AM »

Awful, Mike's letting Stamos run his touring band. BW needs the BBs name back before we get a stamos run touring act.

FWIW I don't think Brian is ever gonna tour again.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
parlay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2023, 11:46:14 AM »

Does anyone know the real reason  why Scott and John left the Mike Love Beach Boys. 

Thx in advance, for any responses

Parlay
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2023, 05:44:15 PM »

Knowing Mike it was probably dollar related. However as far as Castle goes it sounds like Stamos had something going on behind the scenes favoring a friend of his and used his influence on mike. It sounds like Stamos and Castle worn on the best of terms from some of the recent commentary though I could be wrong
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2023, 03:36:55 PM »

Interesting little side note. Jeff Foskett was involved in recruiting John Wedemeyer.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/its-still-surreal-vegas-musician-backs-beach-boys-after-righteous-brothers-2921358/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx