gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:38:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian AI Project.  (Read 26552 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2023, 06:25:18 AM »

Patiently waiting for AI fix the vocal flub in Soulful Old Man Shunshine...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2023, 06:27:51 AM »

First off, seltaeb, if you would like me to start my own thread I surely will. I don't wanna hijack your awesome work, but I feel it's a little redundant to create another AI thread.

Second... I have a question for you all...

Do you Like Worms?
https://youtu.be/Gdeh72-mFoA

I'm working on the full track, as well as a few more pieces of Smile. I have a separate model from seltaeb I've been training myself. I'm not perfect at performing for it yet either! That said, let me know what you think! I figure, since it isn't "real" I should add a bit of my own arrangement while keeping it true to the vision as closely as can be with the limited info and lack of recordings.

So excited to share the whole Smile mix with you all! I have a lot more going on here than just the AI vocals!

Great work! Being totally ignorant of how hard the process of making this stuff is, could you possibly make an alternate version with Brian's found melody from TSS? I would love to hear someone's interpretation of that.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2023, 06:39:17 AM »

Great work! Being totally ignorant of how hard the process of making this stuff is, could you possibly make an alternate version with Brian's found melody from TSS? I would love to hear someone's interpretation of that.

Thank you!! Smiley
Absolutely! This was one of the things I tried, I just don't know how the rest of the lyrics would fit into that scheme  LOL Definitely worth exploring though!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 06:43:52 AM by FatherOfTheMan Sr101 » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2023, 06:45:39 AM »

Absolutely! This was one of the things I tried, I just don't know how the rest of the lyrics would fit into that scheme  LOL Definitely worth exploring though!

Awesome! Yeah I remember a thread on here from back in 2011 (can you all believe that was 12 some years ago?) where some people tried to piece how that melody would complete itself....but that was just in that one line...like you say, making all the rest of the lyrics fit into that will be a challenge! Looking forward to this and your other Smile AI creations!

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2023, 01:11:18 PM »

I may be jumping the gun a bit on the mix (I will clean that up for the full release!) but I couldn't wait to share my full-vocal-ed mix of Do You Like Worms!

https://youtu.be/_7lOI-tU1lQ

The notes on the video explain a lot, so I'll let it speak for itself. Please enjoy!!

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »

I may be jumping the gun a bit on the mix (I will clean that up for the full release!) but I couldn't wait to share my full-vocal-ed mix of Do You Like Worms!

https://youtu.be/_7lOI-tU1lQ

The notes on the video explain a lot, so I'll let it speak for itself. Please enjoy!!

That is absolutely mind-blowing stuff...stay with it and take all the time you need (to quote a certain sourpuss over at the nearest faraway place) to bring it all back home. This represents a fascinating new phase in the still-ongoing saga of SMiLE, and I think if it's handled responsibly and respectfully (as it appears that you and seltaeb are both doing), we'll all have some very intriguiing things to listen to...and possibly even have world peace!  3D
Blake Alan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2023, 06:37:52 PM »

Awesome! Yeah I remember a thread on here from back in 2011 (can you all believe that was 12 some years ago?) where some people tried to piece how that melody would complete itself....but that was just in that one line...like you say, making all the rest of the lyrics fit into that will be a challenge! Looking forward to this and your other Smile AI creations!

This was my 2011 attempt to fit the DYLW lyrics to the melody found on the Smile Sessions. It incorporates a bit of Little Pad to round out the line. And while I’m certainly not a singer, I bet AI Brian could make it sound pretty decent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpdU8Bep28

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2023, 08:16:01 AM »

That is a really great interpretation! I just, personally, can't get the other lines in the song to fit into that structure  LOL

Don't wanna overshare, the surprise is part of the fun after all, but I put up a short of some progress.
https://youtube.com/shorts/58GyNt3kCGg?feature=share

Having a lot of fun with this! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do making it.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2023, 03:32:00 PM »

Seriously blown away by DYLW with Brian on lead. AI obviously has a huge potential and I hope it can be used to further furthere "restoration" to the Beach Boys sometimes incomplete archives of incredible material. The way I view it, this is no different than reassembling and augmenting the columns for the restoration of the Parthenon in Athens. We know what the lyrics would have been but we just don't have them anymore. That we use our technology to attempt and replicate what might've been is no different.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2023, 07:13:42 PM »

First off, thank you and thank you to everyone else who has commented on YT Smiley I really appreciate the feedback and I hope the full project lives up to the expectations set!

Cabinessenceking, I completely agree. When I started BOOKOFF Smile, I just aimed to remaster all the tracks into the cleanest FLAC Stereo mixes modern AI could facilitate. I found myself singing along to the songs and imagining... but being able to hear just a tiny bit of how it MAY have sounded... it gets the brain juice pumping and really starts to fill in the blanks. I hope the feeling is just as strong with the other tracks!

Love to Say Dada... what a track. In Blue Hawaii has some of my favorite vocals on BWPS... I'm giving it my all and really trying to capture the arrangement as close to a Brian sound as I can. Obviously, the more vocals missing the harder the task... DYLW was close to finished compared to these! 

El Molé
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2023, 11:29:56 PM »

Can I ask whether the idea of using an isolated BWPS vocal is possible, desirable, or effective as the input for processing? I have to admit that reading the steps required for this tech left me no closer to understanding how it works or how to use it, so I have absolutely no idea if using a modern era Brian lead would work, but I’d be interested to know whether that’s beneficial at all.

Similarly, replacing an isolated Carl vocal with AI Brian etc, is that an option and does it work in aiming for a Brian-like sound?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2023, 03:18:57 AM »

First off, thank you and thank you to everyone else who has commented on YT Smiley I really appreciate the feedback and I hope the full project lives up to the expectations set!

Cabinessenceking, I completely agree. When I started BOOKOFF Smile, I just aimed to remaster all the tracks into the cleanest FLAC Stereo mixes modern AI could facilitate. I found myself singing along to the songs and imagining... but being able to hear just a tiny bit of how it MAY have sounded... it gets the brain juice pumping and really starts to fill in the blanks. I hope the feeling is just as strong with the other tracks!

Love to Say Dada... what a track. In Blue Hawaii has some of my favorite vocals on BWPS... I'm giving it my all and really trying to capture the arrangement as close to a Brian sound as I can. Obviously, the more vocals missing the harder the task... DYLW was close to finished compared to these! 

So 'On A Holiday' is one of my favorite tracks from BWPS but my least favorite from TSS (or any other vintage mix) due to the quality. Has there been any improvement to the sound of that track with the AI stuff?

I've never understood why the stereo version of Pet Sounds sounds so pristine (like you're sitting there in the studio) and yet for many Smile tracks it sounds like they were recorded on a portable tape recorder then dubbed to an acetate, played 12 times, etc.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2023, 03:21:09 AM »

This was my 2011 attempt to fit the DYLW lyrics to the melody found on the Smile Sessions. It incorporates a bit of Little Pad to round out the line. And while I’m certainly not a singer, I bet AI Brian could make it sound pretty decent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpdU8Bep28

That must be what I'm remembering! Great idea mixing in some Little Pad melody.

Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2023, 12:44:22 PM »

That is a really great interpretation! I just, personally, can't get the other lines in the song to fit into that structure  LOL

Don't wanna overshare, the surprise is part of the fun after all, but I put up a short of some progress.

Hello! Logging in from the distant past to say: VERY much enjoying the Smile stuff, BUT:

It's BEADED cheering Indians, not BEARDED!

As myself an "Indian" (Anishinaabe / Metis), I can tell you: growing beards is not our strong suit in any way! Many tribes haven't facial hair at all. Beads, on the other hand, are a staple of most tribes!

Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2023, 01:31:04 PM »

(In all other ways, that's a thing of beauty, and I'm sure Blue Hawaii will be same)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2023, 02:02:33 PM »

Hello! Logging in from the distant past to say: VERY much enjoying the Smile stuff, BUT:

It's BEADED cheering Indians, not BEARDED!

As myself an "Indian" (Anishinaabe / Metis), I can tell you: growing beards is not our strong suit in any way! Many tribes haven't facial hair at all. Beads, on the other hand, are a staple of most tribes!

Ah shoot! You're damn right! I'll be sure to correct this, thank you very much!!

Acechaser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2023, 06:49:05 PM »

In addition to the Old Man "Shunshine" fix, I propose 2 more:

- Correct the offkey introduction to Spirit of Rock N Roll (from the Hallmark album)

- Add some other BB voices to Brian's I've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2023, 06:40:47 AM »

Excellent work you two.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »

The way this is going, it's insane to imagine where this technology could end up, imagine 60s Brian Wilson singing I Feel Love as produced by Giorgio Morodor  Grin
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2023, 02:02:37 PM »

Patiently waiting for AI fix the vocal flub in Soulful Old Man Shunshine...

Are we *sure* Carl didn't mean to sing "Soulful old man SHINE shine shine your light divine on me"?

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2023, 07:50:43 PM »

Hey all, this will be my last update for a bit... I've been working on this basically non-stop!  LOL

BOOKOFF Smile will release tomorrow at 5pm EST. I've got a YouTube Premier set up here:

YouTube ruined all the fun! Despite more than 80% of the video being heavily modified content, I doubt my claim against it will win... so I've posted it to Vimeo below! I have *FLAC quality sourced versions* of the songs that I hope to find a way to legally share at some point. As I mentioned, I have put plenty of blood sweat and tears into pretty much every track, so fair use should cover most of it (especially unmonetized)

Here's the link to check it out: https://vimeo.com/817502458
(Download link is in the main thread)

I'll probably make a thread for it in the Smile section of the forum, since I have quite a few more things planned to post alongside it (isolated vocals, the AI model, tutorials... etc)

I sincerely hope you all enjoy it! As much as it is a labor of love to Smile, it's also a labor of love to the fanbase and this site in particular. I remember being here 10 years ago talking about these songs, and here I am today still doing the same!  Wink

It's sure to move a million units... today!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 06:22:51 AM by FatherOfTheMan Sr101 » Logged

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2023, 05:43:18 AM »

I haven't posted here in years but I did just want to add a note here to say that I think you're both doing a great job and, hey, if anyone wants to PM me to let me know what you are using to create these sounds, please don't hesitate!  Wink
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2023, 11:20:52 PM »

Guess I’m dumb, but I don’t know what you mean by “the main thread,” and I can’t find a download link. Muchas gracias!

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2023, 02:08:30 PM »

Guess I’m dumb, but I don’t know what you mean by “the main thread,” and I can’t find a download link. Muchas gracias!

Not dumb!! Here's a link Smiley
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,28324.msg682179/boardseen.html#new

Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2023, 02:23:58 PM »

Not dumb!! Here's a link Smiley
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,28324.msg682179/boardseen.html#new

Thank you!! I have never in 20 years or so wandered into the Beach Boys media section (or even noticed it existed). I will download this and listen to it this afternoon!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 02:24:37 PM by send me a picture and i'll tell you » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx