gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:13:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian AI Project.  (Read 26610 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2023, 03:55:38 PM »

Hey everyone!

So, after giving things another once-over in my head... I decided that I would still like to release the model.
I discuss my thoughts in a video here: https://youtu.be/7svhZEOz0ZE

While I don't explain everything in the tutorial, I do explain just enough to get a dedicated fan across the finish line.
I'm so excited to see what you guys are able to create!

You can learn more here: https://youtu.be/qrojawZbKzU

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2023, 09:33:42 PM »

Not worth of its own thread but AI related:

Chat GPT thinks this is the chords and lyrics to Surf's Up. Bizarre.

The chords to "Surf's Up" by The Beach Boys are:

Verse 1:
F#maj7 B7 E
A diamond necklace played the pawn
A E B7
Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
F#maj7 B7 E
To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
A E B7
A blind class aristocracy
F#maj7 B7 E
Back through the op'ra glass you see
A E B7
The pit and the pendulum drawn

Chorus:
F#m E/G#
Columnated ruins domino
B7 E
Canvass the town and brush the backdrop
A C#m F#m
Are you sleeping? Hungry?...Later, friend
B7 E
Cocktail napkin -- found a slot machine

Verse 2:
F#maj7 B7 E
Savior and crucify (gonna keep that airplane)
A E B7
Reasons to live denied (ah, c'mon)
F#maj7 B7 E
Spot light on the fearsome terrain (the aviation nation)
A E B7
T.V. actor on a one-man reign
F#maj7 B7 E
Wave after wave will flow with the tide
A E B7
And bury the world as it does
F#maj7 B7 E
Tide after tide will flow and recede
A E B7
Leaving life to go on as it was

Chorus:
F#m E/G#
Columnated ruins domino
B7 E
A C#m F#m
B7 E

Bridge:
C#m F#m
Hang ten Hang ten, hang ten Hang ten
C#m F#m
C#m F#m
C#m F#m

Verse 3:
F#maj7 B7 E
The music hall a costly bow (the music all is lost for now)
A E B7
The music all is lost for now
F#maj7 B7 E
To a muted trumperter swamped in stars (swamped in stars)
A E B7
Ages ago in fact -- last week
F#maj7 B7 E
Engineer -- cap in hand -- begged, "leave the can"
A E B7
'there was no room for doubt'
F#maj7 B7 E
With fingers crossed -- the geraniums died
A E B7
Violet stars decayed -- goodbye

Chorus:
F#m E/G#
Columnated ruins domino
B7 E
A C#m F#m
B7 E

Outro:
E A E A
E A E A
E A E A

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2023, 07:29:46 AM »

Hey everyone!

So, after giving things another once-over in my head... I decided that I would still like to release the model.
I discuss my thoughts in a video here: https://youtu.be/7svhZEOz0ZE

While I don't explain everything in the tutorial, I do explain just enough to get a dedicated fan across the finish line.
I'm so excited to see what you guys are able to create!

You can learn more here: https://youtu.be/qrojawZbKzU

I'm very glad -- I've been meaning to do some additional stuff (the Worms melody from the box set, etc) to supplement your Bookoff Smile -- plus "Can't Wait Too Long"!

(PS: hello, I am a former member of the "Smile Community" and used to run the site that preceded this one, The Smile Shop, nice to meetcha!)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2023, 11:46:37 AM »

My first modest contribution:

Brian Wilson - I'll Bet He's Nice (1966 piano demo)
: https://youtu.be/mTWsuKlxH8k

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2023, 03:21:12 PM »

Just a heads up - seems most of my videos were taken down by YouTube.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2023, 03:40:26 PM »

It appears mine will be too, I'm likely going to take down the rest tonight to avoid hitting the copy-strike limit. DYLW was the first one...

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2023, 07:16:31 PM »

Yep, down to three left Dae's channel. Grabbing 'em while I can!

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Cristian Kiper
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2023, 07:31:26 PM »

My first modest contribution:

Brian Wilson - I'll Bet He's Nice (1966 piano demo)
: https://youtu.be/mTWsuKlxH8k

This is amazing.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2023, 11:22:44 PM »

Suggest you take these videos over to Vimeo, where you can make them private with passwords if you have to...
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2023, 01:18:53 AM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 09:43:04 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2023, 08:04:36 AM »

That stinks. Maybe consider posting them at them at vimeo?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2023, 08:20:42 AM »

I just wanted to drop in and say, especially to the two main creators posting their works here, job very well done. It has people talking about Smile once again, not just talking but really digging deep into the music, and letting it run through their imagination, which is one of the strengths of this music. That's been sorely lacking in my opinion over at least the past 5 years or more, and has been pushed aside by various pockets of this fan base seeming to determine what should be discussed and how it should be discussed and perceived, which is why my interest waned more than a bit in recent years.

This is getting the music back into the discussion via a new technology, and I'm only spotlighting the Smile efforts but it's probably the element of this band's history that has the most lineage with fan creation and technology in the past. Which is why it's also nice to see one of the founders of The Smile Shop visit and comment as well, given that the Smile Shop also took what was a fairly new use of technology at the time to bring together a pretty specific niche of fans and provide a forum to discuss this incredible music. When technology and a passion for specific works of art combine to create new experiences and bring people together to talk, it's a great thing. Again, kudos and thanks to everyone making this happen and creating new experiences. One of the great unknowns in all of the music history I've explored has been what Smile would have sounded like in late 1966 and 1967 when Brian was creating those tracks, and unfortunately the only answers we have exist in the surviving audio and attempts to recreate it or "finish" it decades after the fact. BWPS stands as the creator and collaborators closing the book on a finished work, but the great "what if?" is still what would it have been with the finishing touches applied in 1967 and the voices of that time singing the parts. Thanks to a new technology and creators putting that technology to use, we can come closer to hearing a realization of the illusions many of us have had in our minds for decades. That's a good thing.

Re: YouTube copyright strikes and the like. Unfortunately YouTube, as great of a resource as it is and as much as I love watching it, tends to be corrupt in terms of the way it selectively enforces their rules and regs, how it uses their algorithms to boost versus blacklist certain creators and content, and how their ban policies often make no sense. How some channels are allowed to feature and monetize (i.e. make money) off copyrighted works while others like these various AI Smile and BW tracks are given strikes is a mystery to me, and ultimately it makes no sense on a basic level. And YouTube, like other social media, takes no definitive positions on their rules and enforcement of their rules, allowing some to freely do exactly what others get strikes and bans for doing. I'll go no further, I'll get too political.

But I mention this because of what is currently happening in the music business, via an ersatz AI-created Drake/Weeknd track called "Heart On My Sleeve" that is solely the creation of an anonymous uploader which began to spread online, went viral, and actually started to climb the streaming charts before the labels and lawyers stepped in and had it removed. Neither Drake nor The Weeknd had anything to do with this track, yet it sounded so much like them that their listeners and fans flocked to the song. It's an interesting debate, but I agree with those who are saying this is another seismic wave of an event that is just starting to jolt the music and entertainment business. If anyone is interested in one side of this developing debate, here's the article from Billboard as of yesterday:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/drake-the-weeknd-fake-song-ai-generated-music-illegal/

I guess we'll have to wait and see how far it goes before AI creations truly become "illegal", whatever that means or whatever form that may take.

In the meantime, it's great to see Smile being discussed and enjoyed again. It's been too long.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
AKA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2023, 08:13:03 PM »

Heh. It’s only a matter of time before someone turns “At My Most Beautiful” and “Pancreas” into full-fledged Pet Sounds and SMiLe outtakes.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2023, 04:57:50 AM »

It has people talking about Smile once again, not just talking but really digging deep into the music, and letting it run through their imagination, which is one of the strengths of this music. That's been sorely lacking in my opinion over at least the past 5 years or more, and has been pushed aside by various pockets of this fan base seeming to determine what should be discussed and how it should be discussed and perceived, which is why my interest waned more than a bit in recent years.

Maybe I've missed it, but I find it interesting that FatheroftheMan's version of SMiLE hasn't been talked about at all elsewhere. Makes me wonder if the people enjoying these AI creations are simply avoiding the constant backlash of negativity from the usuals, so they've stopped bringing it up in a positive light. Love it or hate it, the Bookoff mix deserves to be talked about. Firstly, AI vocals aside it is a sonic wonder*, and secondly, the AI vocals make it the most complete vintage SMiLE ever mixed (if you're able to pretend/imagine for 30 minutes that the AI vocals are real).

*"AI vocals aside" - want to clarify that even if one doesn't like the AI vocals, this mix is worth the listen for all the other sonic gems it has to offer.

Speaking of Smile, I ran across the Surf's Up instrumental from BWPS just now on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNETTrZ_aAE), were all of these made available at some point? I was only aware of 'Heroes and Villains being' an available instrumental from the 2004 album. Would love to get my hands on all the tracks.

Speaking of which, if anyone from Brian's camp is reading this thread, I would love a 20th anniversary BWPS boxset. Would be amazing to have the album remastered/remixed (apparently the vinyl album sounded amazing but the digital/CDs did not? would love for the digital version to have that warm sound people talk about when referring to the vinyl). Also, vocals-only tracks, all the instrumentals. There could be commentary by Darian and others between some of the bonus tracks. Put the audio of those amazing interviews between VDPs and Brian Wilson from the BWPS DVD onto the tail end of the set.

I just love that I can go to Metacritic, click on "Top albums of all time", and BWPS is still sitting there at the #3 position. This album deserves some love!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 09:06:09 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2023, 10:40:12 AM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 09:43:23 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2023, 11:18:04 AM »

Speaking of Smile, I ran across the Surf's Up instrumental from BWPS just now on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNETTrZ_aAE), were all of these made available at some point? I was only aware of 'Heroes and Villains being' an available instrumental from the 2004 album. Would love to get my hands on all the tracks.

That is actually my YouTube channel. I also have the Roll Plymouth Rock backing track posted on it too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jByW0jO4cQ). In addition to the Heroes and Villains instrumental you mentioned, there were also released instrumental versions of On a Holiday and Wind Chimes from BWPS, but I'm not sure where those are from (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8YBmDVfEn0). For the two tracks on my channel, the Surf's Up instrumental was released on the Beautiful Dreamer bonus CD released by David Leaf in 2005 (https://www.discogs.com/release/2909586-Brian-Wilson-Beautiful-Dreamer) and the Roll Plymouth Rock instrumental appeared on a bonus CD that came with the November 2004 edition of ESQ (https://www.discogs.com/release/9549874-Brian-Wilson-On-A-Holiday-Roll-Plymouth-Rock-Instrumental).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 11:23:21 AM by myonlysunshine » Logged
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2023, 11:41:12 AM »

Hey guys,

Since I can't get into my Dae Lims account anymore (damnit Google), I started a new one!

Our Sweet Love (Brian Wilson Demo 1969)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfdB2lykssM&ab_channel=SMiLEAD

God Only Knows (The Beatles ft. Brian Wilson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFV7k3n_LN0&ab_channel=SMiLEAD

I'll be tackling more Beatles and Beach Boys soon. Stay tuned and hope you dig the new uploads. Smiley

Hey, so was it you who had the first "Guess I'm Dumb" Brian AI vocal that's since been taken down? Any way you can share a link to the audio file or post it on Vimeo? I'm dying to hear it!

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2023, 03:00:07 PM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 09:43:41 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2023, 10:00:41 AM »

Just uploaded a pack of the Dae Lims stuff, along with some bonus tracks. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#P!AgFQqgCBJtmPPt9-ZuDDUcjj4etFL-eHRAw5r7B-C9PKTrXRYVB7rMr6G09jJ0n9ZeuUuclQcbG01GbI5ZgGlYJzdqoRLj6xm4yq3GEE36sdehmzXVoedjTdrxowLRe4WF8u2at2oOY

pass: smileadmixes

Wonderful—thank you so much! I'm loving this version of "Guess I'm Dumb."

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2023, 01:19:20 PM »

Patiently waiting for AI fix the vocal flub in Soulful Old Man Shunshine...

There's an unflubbed version on the Feel Flows set. Personally I prefer the Endless Harmony version (the vocals are delivered in a different timbre), but I'm sure with proper editing the two can be combined seamlessly.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2023, 08:46:42 AM »

Might be worth mentioning that YouTube is now filled with a glut of AI vocals from all sorts of artists, and they are almost all truly awful. As in, far, far worse than the first few things posted in this thread.

Few may be prescient enough to predict exactly how this AI thing will play out on the technology side of things, but I what I can tell for sure is that, as with everything else on the internet, it already appears that everybody thinks they can do this, and they can't, and most of it is a total mess. I'm not sure how much of it is bad ears, versus poor use of the software, versus poor vocal execution, etc.

So I feel pretty comfortable predicting that whatever the best is that AI will have to offer, *most* of what you'll see and hear will not be that. It will be exceedingly awful.

Like, I'm hearing stuff with two or three simultaneous voices, stuff with not a few but many, many weird glitches all throughout. And a lot of stuff that doesn't sound like Brian Wilson or Paul McCartney (or whomever), but sounds like someone with a thick Eastern European accent trying to sound like Paul sounding like John sounding like Paul.

Multiple attempts answer the question I think we've all asked many times, which is "What would it sound like if Paul McCartney sang a Badfinger song, but while eating a sandwich and having a stroke?"

Also, it appears most folks have quickly zoomed past any attempt to make logical/clever attempts at its use (e.g. subbing in a younger voice, or having Paul sing a John song, or someone replicate a known of but lost vocal), and have gone straight to dumb, goofball novelty ideas, like having Kurt Cobain sing the Archies.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2023, 01:53:22 PM »

A lot of AI crap, but some real gems float to the top. I heard an AI rendition of Lennon's "Grow Old With Me" that was fabulous.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2023, 09:58:40 PM »

Patiently waiting for AI fix the vocal flub in Soulful Old Man Shunshine...

There's an unflubbed version on the Feel Flows set. Personally I prefer the Endless Harmony version (the vocals are delivered in a different timbre), but I'm sure with proper editing the two can be combined seamlessly.
Give me human vocals, with all their mistakes, over this Al stuff. Give me human hands working the fretboard, drummers dropping their sticks, I mean, people thought Autotune was bad!

"I see.....

I see Jamaica, my moon above...."
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2023, 09:03:23 AM »

It's also very clear that certain voices sound worse than others with even extensive information input into the AI.

Some voices have such a distinctive thing going on, it's easy for a fake vocal to pass muster for the average person. I'm sure everybody thinks Rick Astley singing "Billy Jean" sounds "just like him!".

The folks doing these things seem to be having more trouble with certain vocalists. Lennon stuff sounds particularly awful. Michael Jackson stuff sounds way off. Like, literally some impressionists can do this better in some cases.

I think some people *think* they have the McCartney stuff nailed, but you have epic uncanny valley status going on with his "Beautiful Boy" AI vocal, where it's a robot with sort of McCartney's tone, but then he pronounces/sings everything the way Lennon does. Proof that the nuances of McCartney's voice (in its prime) are actually *very difficult* to nail.

Also, no offense to anybody or any region, but it's also painfully obvious when someone with a heavy non-English accent is singing the guide vocals on some of these AI tracks. It's like, "Wow, that sounds 27% like Paul McCartney and then all of a sudden he chokes on his Russian accent!"

The work Giles Martin did on the Beatles "Love" soundtrack, mixing multiple songs up, or the "Smile Sessions" box laying those understated "Surf's Up" code vocals onto "Child is Father of the Man", stuff like that is far more creative and far more impactful.

The best thing AI has offered as far as the BBs so far is creepypasta nightmare fuel like this:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 09:06:50 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2023, 12:31:23 PM »

Quote from: HeyJude link=topic=28316.msg682335#msg682335

These are incredible.  The first image Carl and Mike look like super Bee Gees circa 1977. Can't identify the guy on the left though.

The second image appears to show a young Quenten Tarantino supporting the group. Who knew?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx