gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:26:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BeachBoysTalk Episode 5: Howie Edelson!  (Read 1846 times)
mattbeachboystalk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2023, 08:49:53 AM »

Greg and I are so excited to welcome Howie Edelson to the show this week! We will be talking to him about his career and experiences with The Beach Boys. We will also ask him about the box sets and the creative process behind them. Join us Tuesday at 8EST on YouTube and Facebook.

What would you like for the next BB release? I would love a 15 Big Ones, Love You, MIU box set.
DSalter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 08:02:47 PM »

I'd love for you to ask Howie about this subject:

I remember excitedly gathering in front of our family television on Thursday evening August 5, 1976, to watch the one-hour NBC special on the Beach Boys, who were all over the media that bi-centennial summer.

I know little about television production but assume that many hours of video were shot in June of that year and then carefully edited down to a 50-minute broadcast.

Does anyone know what may have happened to all that unused footage? Was it destroyed or is it stored in an NBC vault somewhere? It would be fascinating to see the raw footage and sad to think of it languishing in a vault never to be seen.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:46:58 AM »

Here's the YouTube link to the interview. Very entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/live/mlejdJ5L3hQ

(And the question above about the '76 Anaheim footage was addressed as well).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 10:13:48 PM »

Fantastic interview👍🏼
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 06:42:34 AM »

It was a pretty insightful interview.  I was only vaguely familiar that the band was working on a proper follow-up to Holland until Endless Summer came along to forever imprison the band into the oldies circuit.  Would have loved to have heard more about this.  Based on what little we've heard from this period such as "Barnyard Blues" it sounds like we potentially could have gotten something special.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 02:53:44 PM »

This was superb!  Well done and can listen to Howie all day--fantastic insights!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx