gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
640832 Posts in 25595 Topics by 3640 Members - Latest Member: greenhorn December 11, 2018, 06:38:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drummers  (Read 8823 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 05:34:15 AM »

Karen Carpenter, Luqman Ali, Clifford Jarvis, Robert Barry, Charlie Watts, Ringo, Chick Webb, Buddy Rich, Tani Tabbal, Jack Dejohnette.

Good call, RR. Another great topic going to waste (for ten years!!!).

I like a bunch of those too. For the moment I'll add Simon Kirke of Free, Ginger Baker, Levon Helm of The Band, Elvin Jones, Keith Moon and of course Mr. Blaine. Wink
Ta.

I didn't list Dennis & Blaine since this is BBs board, it's the given, you know. Instead listed Sun Ra drummers & the other faves. I think Karen Carpenter is fantastic as drummer.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Boy dislikes girl. The girl dislikes that boy. People dislike the boy AND girl. Question - WHO dislikes these people?

Pom pom generation thinks The Baby boomers can't hopscotch into admitting that they're ANYthing BUT cool & the boom they represent is archaic thing by now.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 05:58:09 AM »

+1 for Stewart Copeland. Been playing all the Police albums a lot lately.

A band called The Beach Boys are mostly going to be a fun in the sun-themed group. And that has, is, and will always be just as it should. There needs to be ONE classic band that isn't a pack of endless "artistic" moan. All people wanna do is make The Beach Boys into another Beatles they are less tired of.
And, for anyone who has actually experienced them, surfing and cars carry PLENTY of emotion and life experience. They can carry as much metaphor as any Van Dyke Parks clever epistle.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx