gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:13:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sea Hear Now Festival, Asbury Park NJ September 17  (Read 1153 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2023, 03:51:52 PM »

The Beach Boys are playing this big NJ festival headlined by The Killers and Foo Fighters. Pretty high profile gig for Mike and Bruce https://www.seahearnowfestival.com/?utm_source=attentive&attn-vid=bfb488e3a3d44a19867259502484f403

Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:55:14 AM »

I've seen some comments out here in New Jersey I live about 20 minutes from Asbury Park by people who are thinking what a come down this is for the legendary Beach Boys to be listed like this. But someone will then remind them that these are not the legendary Beach Boys this is Mike loves touring band of beach boys. Big difference for people who don't know
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 05:18:29 AM »

Interesting, there's a band called Surfer Girl playing the day before...
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 07:37:00 AM »

Really neat to see the Beach Boys playing this kind of festival, very different than the oldies-skewing ones they normally play. Reminds me of when Brian and band performed Pet Sounds for a hipster festival in Greenpoint, Brooklyn in 2016; *all* the other music acts were young hipster bands. The audience seemed to be 80-90% in their 20s and 30s, and were *super* into the Pet Sounds material, singing along even to fairly deep cuts... I believe Howie marveled about this at the time as well. It was a fascinating glimpse into a completely different fanbase for the BBs that isn't normally given much attention.

I kinda wish it were Brian and band at the NJ one this year, but it's still cool that it's the Mike & Bruce BBs stretching out of their comfort zone a bit. Would be a nice chance (should they take it) to shake up the setlist, perhaps dust off e.g. some of the Feel Flows material.

UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 07:12:40 AM »

Weezer will be absolutely made up to be playing after them
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx