gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:14:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BeachBoysTalk Carnie Wilson interview  (Read 3348 times)
mattbeachboystalk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:08:40 PM »

Hello friends!  Here is the interview we did with Carnie Wilson last night.  She was fun and informative, and really gave some interesting tidbits!  I hope you will watch!  Thanks!-Matt
https://www.youtube.com/live/DPym7_515Yk?feature=share
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 05:08:25 AM »

Really great interview, guys.  Carnie is such a down-to-earth, regular person.  Gotta give Marilyn credit for raising her well under challenging circumstances.  She clearly also inherited her father's sense of humor and sweet disposition.
It made me sad, though, to hear her make oblique references to missing Brian and not being able to see him because of "what's going on around him" or something along those lines.  Not sure what all that's about, but it's troubling.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 02:39:34 PM »

Really great interview, guys.  Carnie is such a down-to-earth, regular person.  Gotta give Marilyn credit for raising her well under challenging circumstances.  She clearly also inherited her father's sense of humor and sweet disposition.
It made me sad, though, to hear her make oblique references to missing Brian and not being able to see him because of "what's going on around him" or something along those lines.  Not sure what all that's about, but it's troubling.

Yes it is, but we don't dare speak about that here.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 03:38:20 PM »

Pretty sure we’ve had several posts about it here.

Without more information, though, there’s not much to write about.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:37:31 PM by Wirestone » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 04:31:41 PM »

Seriously, quit being a troll. If you don’t like it here go elsewhere where you’d probably be more welcome (unless someone has a bad day )

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 08:31:49 PM »

Well, none of us really want to deal with the idea of Brian not touring anymore, as it's simply another reminder that we're at the far end of the road and all that. So maybe it's a good thing to lay low and hope for a pleasant surprise rather than dwelling on things that are clearly out of our control...

Kudos to the guys for a great interview. Carnie is totally genuine, and she's always been very free and honest with her emotions, and she clearly feels deeply--all of that was manifested in the interview. I hope the guys will have her on again as soon as feasible, as it was really a breath of fresh air. An off-topic but peripherally related project she's been involved in--a documentary about Karen Carpenter--is starting to appear at film festivals this month, and I think she might appreciate the opportunity to talk about it (she was one of the executive producers and, owing to her status as a major fan of Karen's voice, is prominently featured in the film's many interview segments).

And folks on Instagram should indeed follow her feed--@carnie68--which is also quintessentially her. As she said: music, food and family!  3D
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 09:09:27 AM »

As others have pointed out, several other threads have some relatively frank discussions about what is or may be going on with Brian these days.

I think the kind of gradual realization of Brian's shape out on tour last year dictated that the fan community kind of just slowly but steadily all (or mostly, aside from those living under a rock/in a bubble) just realized without any kind of announcement that Brian's probably done touring. Whether that precludes any sort of single performances, or other non-touring musical activity, that is somewhat less clear, because we don't know the precise reasons why Brian had such a downturn last year. We do now have an answer as to whether Brian is up to making any public appearances at all, as he did appear at the Grammy thing the other night.

I mean, there's a bit of a vacuum as far as information right now. I think the question of whether Brian is going to tour more is relatively easily answerable based on last year's tour and the lack of activity since then. The *precise* reason for Brian's current shape is not as clear, and that's where trying to prognosticate much beyond that is difficult. I'm sure I as well as some other fans have heard some things, and I think it's a testament to the love and admiration for Brian from his fans that fans have somehow found a way to be kind of measured and not histrionic about what's going on with Brian. Time will tell whether things end up getting stirred up more in the fan community. A lot of that depends on what if anything we see or hear of Brian, obviously.

And, we may not hear much of anything. And *maybe* that's okay. I think some sort of information or indication *at some point* for fans is probably a good idea. And, it may speak to the kind of catch-all, non-specific nature of what's going on with Brian that nobody including Brian and his team know exactly what the future holds.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 01:06:35 PM »

By the way, it appears that Carnie has gotten her wish to see her dad. She was sitting behind him in the box at the Grammy salute. Just before I Get Around the camera panned over to the box and you could see Carnie lean forward and tap Brian on the shoulder.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 07:57:12 AM »

I just checked out the video of I Get Around on You Tube, and froze the beginning a few times...I don't think that was Carnie, doesn't really look a lot like her, though a bit of a resemblance. Could that be one of Brian's adopted daughters possibly?
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 04:59:56 PM »

I just checked out the video of I Get Around on You Tube, and froze the beginning a few times...I don't think that was Carnie, doesn't really look a lot like her, though a bit of a resemblance. Could that be one of Brian's adopted daughters possibly?

Agreed.  I did a freeze-frame as well.  Woman appears significantly younger than Carnie.   Could be Daria or one of the other kids... or an assistant.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:00:22 PM by juggler » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 06:02:32 PM »

Haven’t seen it, but my money would be on it being Daria.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 07:50:22 PM »

Haven’t seen it, but my money would be on it being Daria.

It’s near the beginning. Looks like Carnie to me. Daria wears glasses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_ZQwsmMHQ

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023, 09:24:53 AM »

Dang! I just freeze-framed it and now it looks like Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  LOL LOL LOL Sarah's pretty busy nowadays, though, so I doubt she'd have time to attend a Beach Boys tribute. Also, Carnie doesn't have any posts about it on her Instagram feed, which is very unusual for her. Either she was there and was told not to post about it, or she wasn't there.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2023, 10:01:40 AM »

Definitely not Carnie in that video behind Brian. 

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx