gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680716 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 02:14:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Jeff Beck  (Read 1229 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2023, 02:34:14 PM »

From Mike Stax of the Ugly Things zine the sad news that a sudden attack of meningitis has taken Jeff Beck. Whether or not you think his tour with Brian was an interesting experiment or a mismatch or maybe even a success, no denying the enormous degree to which he expanded the possibilities of the electric guitar. I stood 15 feet from him at his Louisville show in ‘76 and the word phenomenal is what comes to mind all these years later. RIP
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »

Just found out… I’ve been dealing with Covid and will post more later . this comes as a shock

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »

Sad
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 09:12:09 PM »

Heart Full of Soul

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4237xhy04vM

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 01:41:29 AM »

I must admit I don't know a lot of Beck's work. Anyway, condolences to his family and friends.

I have the "All the King's Men" album by Scotty Moore and D.J. Fontana, which features Beck on one track (also Ron Wood):

Jeff Beck w/ All The King's Men - Unsung Heroes (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7P-yU6alA

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »

Brilliant guitar player who played when and what he wanted and continued to get better.  Amazing.  Notwithstanding some remarks about him referencing his time with Brian, seemed like a down to earth bloke who didn't succumb to the rock star trip BS.

Fave LP -- "Rough and Ready."

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx