gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:21:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes and Villains in new Disney+ Mickey Mouse documentary  (Read 1243 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2023, 09:15:51 AM »

The bonus instrumental track from Brian Wilson presents Smile is used as background music around 20 minutes in to “Mickey: The Story of a Mouse” and I was completely thrown when it started playing, I recognized it immediately!

EDIT: and perhaps not coincidentally, a photo of Brian Wilson wearing a Mickey Mouse T-shirt also appears in a montage later in the documentary.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 10:08:40 AM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 06:40:21 AM »

It's closer to the 16min mark and yeah, that's pretty random.  Looking at the credits in IMDB I don't see any familiar names that were associated with Brian, but clearly someone involved with the project was a fan.  😊

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 05:11:21 PM »

Darian S. was working for the Mouse at some point -- perhaps he's the connection.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 01:31:45 AM »

Let's not forget Brian's beautiful "In the Key of Disney" album. If Wikipedia is to be believed, Disney Records approached Brian regarding that project. So he probably is on their radar, I guess.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 09:04:25 AM »

Probably not going to watch this entire thing, as a Disney-produced documentary on this subject can't be particularly revealing ("Waking Sleeping Beauty" is about as gritty as a Disney-produced doc can get; and even that tended to tread pretty lightly and only safely sort of s**t on pre-"Renaissance" Disney movies that seemingly nobody likes) and the whole thing invariably seems rather self-congratulatory and self-celebratory, but as far as the Brian track usage, I would say it's pretty random but it just seems to be a vibe they're going for in that scene.

I don't think it necessarily has to be some former or current Brian associate whispering the song in the director's or music supervisor's ear or anything. One would hope the music supervisor on this thing has a decent breadth of knowledge when it comes to music, and may well have some just come up with the idea to use the track.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Cristian Kiper
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 11:32:53 AM »

Also, the music that plays during the end credits sounds like a mashup of Heroes and Villains and Good Vibrations.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx