gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:46:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have a Funky Pretty New Year with a new video  (Read 823 times)
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2022, 10:14:27 PM »

One week from today, January 8, marks the 50th anniversary of the release of the 'Holland' album. To commemorate the occasion I've just uploaded a YouTube video for my favorite song from the album 'Funky Pretty'. I hope you enjoy it. Happy and Pretty Funky New Year!

Funky Pretty:    https://youtu.be/X3gEEyiWbcA

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:52:21 AM »

Love it! And the "Solar system" newspaper is a neat idea.

Thanks for sharing and happy new year to you, too!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:15:53 PM »

Wonderful work as always...and an interesting variant mix, too! It's always been an underappreciated track...thanks for giving it some much deserved love!  King
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 06:21:12 PM »

Great video! And very cool to enjoy watching it today, exactly 50 years after I purchased the Holland album when it was released on January 8, 1973.

(Back then I was listening to Funky Pretty "in my room" on Fisher XP-5a speakers, the same speakers Steve Desper owned at one time.)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:33:29 PM by Custom Machine » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx