gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:25:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Little Saint Nick" hits Billboard Top 40  (Read 946 times)
MusicHallCostlyBow
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2022, 01:18:27 PM »

Not that music charts matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's kind of cool that "Little Saint Nick" is now an official Billboard Top 40 hit for the The Beach Boys. It hit #30 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/beach-boys-jacksons-john-lennon-top-40-hot-100-ask-billboard-1235192084/

One thing confuses me, though. The article linked above refers to this as The Beach Boys' 35th overall Billboard Top 40 hit, but I had seen this number stuck at 36 total Billboard Top 40 hits for several decades via a number of sources (including in the last paragraph of the introduction on The Beach Boys entry on Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys). I'm not sure the source of the disconnect; perhaps Billboard has changed their methodology for counting an artist's total number of chart entries.

For example, I know that "Surfin' USA" was reissued as a single in 1974 (to promote or capitalize on the success of "Endless Summer," no doubt), hitting #36 at that time. I could be wrong, but I believe Billboard had counted that reissue as a separate Top 40 hit for years, but perhaps they no longer count a reissue as a separate chart entry.

Regardless, it was a nice surprise to see the band enjoy its first official Billboard Top 40 hit since 1988.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 01:22:10 PM »

That's cool!
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 04:43:43 PM »

That's cool!

I certainly heard it enough times in stores when I was recently in Florida.
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 11:30:02 AM »

I love it!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx