gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:28:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Postcard From California 2022 release with bonus tracks  (Read 1804 times)
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2022, 10:33:54 AM »

The thread title says it all, well almost-
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:40:40 AM by thetojo » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 12:06:01 PM »

Looks like a straight reprint/reissue of the 2012 CD, possibly in slightly different packaging. Unless there are stealth remixes on it, which is always possible. I think this was reissued digitally a week or two or so ago, so I haven't checked if there are any differences.

Always good to see stuff stay in print.

Though, I gotta say, why would he not throw a bunch of new bonus tracks on this thing? He'd surely move more units. I'd buy the thing for the fourth time if there were some new tracks on it (and I don't mean more "Waves of Love" mixes; and this CD doesn't even include all of those!).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »

I agrree about why not including another bonus track or 2. I also have 3 other copies, one signed by Al in Big Sur. I would have bought my 4th if there ere a couple more bonus tracks.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 06:39:06 AM »

Yeah, I mean, I think this thing really needs like a full "Deluxe" treatment if they're bothering to put it out again. I'm not saying it's like a monumental album that is screaming for a big deluxe version. It's a good album, but even crummy albums get an expanded treatment. I wouldn't be so much interested in one or two extra tracks. This should have like a disc's worth of bonus material. Fine, give us more mixes of "Waves of Love." But also, we know there are alternates of the album tracks. Brian cut vocals for the title track. There is also a version of the title track with Al singing all the lines. There are also early mixes with more Jardine stacked backing vocals that were later replaced with others. To say nothing of the songs he surely has that we don't even know about.

To reiterate, I'm actually fine with and support just putting this album back in print as-is. I'm really just telling Al he could have baited at least hundreds of more fans by putting new stuff on this.

Or, you know, actually try to make another album. I lost much hope for that happening when Al said a few years ago that he probably wouldn't, because putting that ONE album together had seemed to be so arduous. Wtf?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 10:31:59 PM »

Did anybody purchase the new pressing of the CD? If so, any different mixes on the set?
FreakySmiley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 06:25:58 AM »

My copy (ordered either the last couple days of November or the first couple days of December... I can't even remember now) is supposed to be arriving Thursday. Along with the new David Crosby live CD/DVD which was released the same day. It's been a long while since I've been able to get my hands on any new music release within a day or two of release.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 11:37:53 PM »

In 2042, we'll be up to the 20th re-release of this album, with different bonus tracks, remixes of several core tracks - and new vocals by Al on the title song. And he'll still sound like he's 30-something.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 11:47:30 AM »

Al Jardine’s still having fun, fun, fun with Beach Boys, Brian Wilson -- and on his own

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/12/al-jardines-still-having-fun-fun-fun-with-beach-boys-brian-wilson-and-on-his-own.html?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx