gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:32:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Show Up Unexpectedly On Netflix Episode AGAIN  (Read 1813 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2022, 07:02:23 PM »

This time on the third and final season of the Netflix show "Dead To Me" with Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini, some of the last episodes of the series. First appearance was a large poster-size blow up of one of the familiar 60's black and white promo photos of the band hanging as a poster on a teenage character's bedroom wall, shown prominently in multiple scenes, then as I was watching I had a feeling since the poster was placed so obviously on the set, I'll bet a song will follow soon. And I was right, but surprised to hear what song they chose: Pet Sounds! Yes, the instrumental title track. The show is set in Orange County California, the song appeared in a beach scene set in Mexico.

Very cool and unexpected placement. Here's a Spotify playlist for the show's soundtrack, Pet Sounds is song 133.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0xdqIBWfjJsw85wHD2khD3

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 02:20:03 AM »

That's a cool choice. The two instrumentals on the Pet Sounds album don't get that much recognition compared to the other songs, I believe.
I remember watching a documentary about the underwater scene of Hawaii years ago and was surprised when "Let's go away for a while" was played nearly in it's entirety during some fascinating underwater shots.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:26:23 PM »

Good Vibrations plays over the end credits of the most recent episode of Willow (on Disney+) oddly enough. 
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 07:05:42 PM »

Netflix's Outer Banks 3 (never head of it) has Sloop John B in its trailer on YouTube. Actually some interesting cutting and mashing of the song. The trailer was suggested to me by the algorithm and I guess I am glad I took the bait.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx