gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:36:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange dream that showed Jack Reiley's Western Justice album cover on a WWE pr  (Read 1039 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »

Had the strangest dream last night! Was watching a WWE wrestling promo by a character named Bray Wyatt.  He is a strange character like the Undertaker or Kane were. I included a video here for people to get an idea. But in this dream,, the front cover to Jack Reiley's album Western Justice was in the background! Jack Reiley being the Beach Boys manager in the early 70s, and the album is so obscure, you have to order it by mail! I thought that was the weirdest but coolest reference ever! But only a dream.

https://youtu.be/K-9WNN7P-eg

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 09:00:49 AM by Magic Transistor Radio » Logged

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 12:46:29 PM »

Somehow I'd never listened to this before... wow, it's really a great record! Jack Reilly seems to have picked up a lot from Carl (and to some extent it must have gone the other way), and the team of musicians, arrangers, producers he assembled in Holland sounds really extraordinary. The lead vocals are definitely the weak point, but the songs and arrangements are pretty fantastic. I know the break with Jack Rieley happened for a variety of reasons on both sides, but man, this sensibility would have produced one hell of a Beach Boys record with the work Dennis was starting to do at this time in the mix....
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 04:07:38 PM »

Somehow I'd never listened to this before... wow, it's really a great record! Jack Reilly seems to have picked up a lot from Carl (and to some extent it must have gone the other way), and the team of musicians, arrangers, producers he assembled in Holland sounds really extraordinary. The lead vocals are definitely the weak point, but the songs and arrangements are pretty fantastic. I know the break with Jack Rieley happened for a variety of reasons on both sides, but man, this sensibility would have produced one hell of a Beach Boys record with the work Dennis was starting to do at this time in the mix....

I actually like Jack's voice. Not great, but unique.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 01:57:13 PM »

Live performance from 2003 at a place Jack apparently owned in Vermont, Carli Munoz is in the band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEM95UI_28o

And TIL that Western Justice had the same producer as Radiohead's The Bends, John Leckie.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx