gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:06:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recording For Audrey?  (Read 1225 times)
DSalter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2022, 08:55:08 PM »

I wonder what happened to the recording they made for especially for Audrey?

juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 10:34:07 PM »

Such an interesting vintage article from Santa Cruz.  Thanks for posting.

"... and the oldest son, Brian, also writes songs."     Indeed.

"... sensible young men."    Uh huh.   LOL   Well, perhaps Al .... and maybe Carl.

BTW, there's a 1963 photo of Mr. Westley Hopfer on this page...
http://www.sandylydon.com/secret-history-20

shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 04:34:38 AM »

I don't remember ever hearing that Murry played the guitar. Hard to picture.
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:12:18 AM »

It's interesting that the article says the Wilsons "still live in the modest home" in Hawthorne. If that's true, they were just about to move out. The article is dated Novemer 29, 1964. By the time of Brian's first breakdown almost a month later, Brian and Marilyn had gotten married and Murry, Audree and Carl had moved out of the Hawthorne house. When Brian returned to LA from Houston he requested that his mom (and only his mom) meet him at the airport and drive him to their house in Hawthorne. Audree did that and the two of them spent the night there talking in the dark and empty house. Apparently they hadn't closed on the house yet and they still had access to it. I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversationi. I'd love to hear the recording the Boys made for Audree too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:15:06 AM by patsy6 » Logged
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 11:21:49 AM »

It's interesting that the article says the Wilsons "still live in the modest home" in Hawthorne. If that's true, they were just about to move out. The article is dated Novemer 29, 1964. By the time of Brian's first breakdown almost a month later, Brian and Marilyn had gotten married and Murry, Audree and Carl had moved out of the Hawthorne house. When Brian returned to LA from Houston he requested that his mom (and only his mom) meet him at the airport and drive him to their house in Hawthorne. Audree did that and the two of them spent the night there talking in the dark and empty house. Apparently they hadn't closed on the house yet and they still had access to it. I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversationi. I'd love to hear the recording the Boys made for Audree too.

It's pretty wild to imagine Carl Wilson still living with his parents in their childhood home in 1964! Even wilder to think that he was just 17 for basically that entire year! What a childhood.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx