gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:07:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Johnny Depp & Jeff Beck re-recorded Dennis Wilson  (Read 4958 times)
RealBriefcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2023, 03:00:20 PM »

I think I recall the title Metropolis…but I wonder if that eventually came out as half moon bay.

Different titles in the BMI database.

At the time, Rolling Stone reported that Brian was recording three separate albums. One with Beck, largely instrumental, one with female guest singers, and one with Al and Blondie. We ended up getting an album was was a mixture of the latter two, but nothing of the first.
I might be wrong but I seem to recall hearing that Half Moon Bay was intended for the Beck album?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 05:32:00 AM »

From what I recall, Half Moon Bay wasn’t given as a title until the NPP album was formally announced.

They recorded way more songs than appeared on the record, including one called “He Come Down” that explicitly wasn’t a remake, but a new tune with Blondie taking the lead.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2023, 01:19:42 PM »

Jeff Becks band around the time also was in the studio with the Brian Wilson project. I believe it was confirmed that originally Run James Run was a part of that with an Al lead vocal. Metropolis, as I recall, was Beck playing some moody guitar and Al singing some sort of na-na-na chant. I doubt it has anything to do with Half Moon Bay, but who knows. I really wish all this stuff would be released along with the TWGMTR-outtakes. Biggest bummer is we don't even know much about anything about these tracks! Just a lot of teasing and then nothing. There must be a lot of cool little things in the vault. I hope we get to hear them some day.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 01:21:13 PM by RiC » Logged
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2023, 01:38:57 PM »

Can someone arrange another interview with Joe Thomas ?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx