gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:52:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALL STEREO Heroes & Villains Cantina Version???  (Read 1343 times)
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2022, 08:04:28 PM »

drive.google.com/file/d/1NqyGEtmug0pDCEV4BDLZ-czPJR1e_5Qx/view?usp=sharing

Something I've been trying.  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?  Did I succeed or should I just give up with this nonsense? 

Natural E
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 06:01:20 PM »

Works for me. "At Three Score and Five" must have been a real challenge.
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 06:45:25 PM »

It's great, Sonic. It's the time I have heard best the staccato strings in the coda. Thanks a million for your fantastic work.
I just listened to your upgraded "1967 SMiLE". I have no words, I think it IS (1967) SMiLE. Smiley

EDIT:
I added the "(1967)" so it would not seem that I think BWPS is not SMiLE. Imho, there are three equally legitimate SMiLES: the 1967 Beach Boys one, the 2004 Brian Wilson Band one and the somewhat hybrid but anyway awesome reconstructed album in the 2011 SMiLE sessions. The 1967 one, of course, never was released as an album, but your reconstruction is almost exactly like I imagine a 1967 SMiLE would, realistically, have been. I consider it a legitimate reconstruction of that never released album.
The wondrous SMiLE of our dreams, the one Brian manages to complete in the alternate world of the "Glimpses" novel, would never have existed in the real world, in any circumstances, for many reasons. But the main reason is simply that such a thing is too wonderful to really exist...

P.S.
I'd change only one thing in your 1967 SMiLE: I'd move "Workshop" immediately after "Fire", to represent both Earth and the reconstruction after the fire. I think that IIGS works well also without the Workshop section.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 09:07:34 AM by Zenobi » Logged
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »

It's great, Sonic. It's the time I have heard best the staccato strings in the coda. Thanks a million for your fantastic work.
I just listened to your upgraded "1967 SMiLE". I have no words, I think it IS (1967) SMiLE. Smiley

EDIT:
I added the "(1967)" so it would not seem that I think BWPS is not SMiLE. Imho, there are three equally legitimate SMiLES: the 1967 Beach Boys one, the 2004 Brian Wilson Band one and the somewhat hybrid but anyway awesome reconstructed album in the 2011 SMiLE sessions. The 1967 one, of course, never was released as an album, but your reconstruction is almost exactly like I imagine a 1967 SMiLE would, realistically, have been. I consider it a legitimate reconstruction of that never released album.
The wondrous SMiLE of our dreams, the one Brian manages to complete in the alternate world of the "Glimpses" novel, would never have existed in the real world, in any circumstances, for many reasons. But the main reason is simply that such a thing is too wonderful to really exist...

P.S.
I'd change only one thing in your 1967 SMiLE: I'd move "Workshop" immediately after "Fire", to represent both Earth and the reconstruction after the fire. I think that IIGS works well also without the Workshop section.
Ah, thanks!

I'm working on a new and completely different SMiLE that is all stereo.  Making new stereo mixes of everything except GV (damn, that new stereo mix is actually pretty great imo).  I was inspured by a thread on the SH forum and also my disappointment in the new official stereo mix of DYLW.   

SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »

Sounds great!

BTW, something I've always wondered ... whose voice is it who says, "You're under arrest"?
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 07:38:25 AM »

Sounds great!

BTW, something I've always wondered ... whose voice is it who says, "You're under arrest"?

Almost certain that's Hal Blaine, correct me if I'm mistaken.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx