gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:51:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Mo Ostin  (Read 865 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2022, 12:33:14 AM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mo-ostin-warner-brothers-records-dead-1391209/

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 07:34:55 AM »

A long and interesting life!

Being a lifelong Neil Young fan, Mo was someone whose name popped up a lot over the years.

Those guys were real pioneers, Ostin, Ertegun....

RIP
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 10:02:44 AM »

I told this anecdote here 3 years ago, but I'll repeat it.  Around Sept. 2019, David Leaf held a fundraiser at and for UCLA music school where he is or was an adjunct instructor.  Brian was the guest of honor, and a film of the 2004 London Smile debut was screened.  I attended in person, and Leaf held a brief Q & A with Brian at the end of the event.  Leaf mentioned how Mo Ostin was a great benefactor of the school, and that Brian and the Beach Boys had a long association with Ostin.  Brian deadpanned, as only Brian can do, "Is Mo Ostin still alive?"   The audience burst out laughing because it did sound funny the way Brian said it.  Of course, what Brian knew that probably most of the audience didn't know is that Mo Ostin was a very old man.   95 is a heck of an age.  R.I.P., Mo.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 10:03:22 AM by juggler » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx