gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:39:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 90 minute Eugene Landy Interview.  (Read 2134 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2022, 07:52:13 PM »

Haven't seen this posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inhRj8SVCRM&ab_channel=LongislandLoner

Lots to unpack here. Dig in!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 10:12:48 PM »

Yeah, I listened to it. Surprised there were no comments below.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 05:38:09 PM »

Given what we know he was doing to Brian, I think it would be hard for many folks to listen to Gene Landy for 90 minutes unless they were at least semi-professional historians writing a book or an article about the Beach Boys and/or Brian Wilson. I listened for a few minutes, and then my desire to punch the guy out took over!  police

So I stopped.

It's clearly a valuable historical document and all that, but...

This isn't to knock seltaeb for finding and posting this...for those with a more dispassionate approach--and better impulse control!  3D
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:26:31 PM »

Fascinating to hear the man talk up his plans for a "Gene Landy Presents Smile" TV special for HBO or similar.   Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 01:44:24 AM »

Fascinating to hear the man talk up his plans for a "Gene Landy Presents Smile" TV special for HBO or similar.   Roll Eyes

Wtf?! Ok, I think I’ll brave it out at some point. Too bad (not really) I quit drinking 8 years ago cause I have a feeling galoshes won’t be enough to wade through all the bullshit.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 07:51:57 AM »

It's crazy how Gene did have these little accomplishments in the music and mental health industries, that he was able to parlay into something much more grandiose.

I wonder if same sex marriage laws were on the books back then, if that would have been the solution to Landy's mounting problems. Could he have convinced Brian to marry him? Something makes he think he could have. Certainly Brian's comments at the time acknowledge he had drank Gene's Kool-Aid, in terms of the idea that family and other external forces were trying to bust them up. A well presented argument to Brian as to why marriage would be the ultimate security for both of them...I would imagine Brian would be somewhat resistant, but perhaps ultimately acquiesce?  Landy was on a collision course with ethics violations anyway, he could have stepped aside and, as Brian's husband, then been able to roll out the master plan for Brains and Genius (fantastic name btw)
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 12:13:00 PM »

It's crazy how Gene did have these little accomplishments in the music and mental health industries, that he was able to parlay into something much more grandiose.

I wonder if same sex marriage laws were on the books back then, if that would have been the solution to Landy's mounting problems. Could he have convinced Brian to marry him? Something makes he think he could have. Certainly Brian's comments at the time acknowledge he had drank Gene's Kool-Aid, in terms of the idea that family and other external forces were trying to bust them up. A well presented argument to Brian as to why marriage would be the ultimate security for both of them...I would imagine Brian would be somewhat resistant, but perhaps ultimately acquiesce?  Landy was on a collision course with ethics violations anyway, he could have stepped aside and, as Brian's husband, then been able to roll out the master plan for Brains and Genius (fantastic name btw)

This thought crossed my mind when I first heard the reports that Brian was referring to Landy as his "partner in life."
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 01:06:05 PM »

My first thought upon reading this was "yuck, gross, no way!" - I don't think Brian ever went THAT way.

But dwelling upon it further, yes, this would be a Genius solution to the issues facing Gene Landy circa 1988-91. I wonder if anyone else ever thought of this?
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 07:17:02 AM »

My first thought upon reading this was "yuck, gross, no way!" - I don't think Brian ever went THAT way.

But dwelling upon it further, yes, this would be a Genius solution to the issues facing Gene Landy circa 1988-91. I wonder if anyone else ever thought of this?

Gene-ius

I wonder if  Landy  ever uttered "I'm a Genius too, Brian..."?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 06:23:51 PM »

Gene-ius

I wonder if  Landy  ever uttered "I'm a Genius too, Brian..."?
lol
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx