gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:18:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Video for 'The Little Girl I Once Knew' on YouTube now  (Read 1115 times)
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2022, 11:23:07 PM »

I hope you'll check out my new video on YouTube for the classic tune 'The Little Girl I Once Knew'. It's a great record that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

The Little Girl I Once Knew-   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7RSAvYvN8

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 08:06:28 AM »

Totally enjoyable video for one of my favorite BB songs!!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 03:16:02 PM »

Seconded...and it's a shame it's not on SOUNDS OF SUMMER where it belongs--what a great, great song!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 02:28:28 AM »

It is agreat record, I agree. Should've been a bigger hit imo. But I wonder how they would have performed it on stage. It seems even harder than "Good Vibrations".

Wonderful video! I hope you won't run out of ideas  Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 10:04:41 AM »

It is agreat record, I agree. Should've been a bigger hit imo. But I wonder how they would have performed it on stage. It seems even harder than "Good Vibrations".

Wonderful video! I hope you won't run out of ideas  Wink

I understand what you're saying in terms of the 1966 time frame, but clearly Brian and his band figured out how to do it quite successfully some years later. I think if Carl had put his mind to it (of which there is no evidence that such ever happened way back when) he probably could have figured it out. Though he'd have needed to schlep (or rent) an organ around in those pre-synth days.

Amazing, though, how a song that made it to #20 could just disappear from view. It was included on one of the Pickwick LPs in the early 70s, with the usual strange assortment of time periods and styles. That was where I first ran across it, recognizing after a few listens that it was not too many notches down from GV (which was also on that disk).
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 10:56:23 AM »

During the process of creating this video, I grew to fully appreciate the stunning production of this record in a way that I never had before. You get to listen to the song a LOT of times! The change in key on the third chorus was such a great move on Brian's part to take this record to it's peak. This record was never a favorite of mine. Thought it was kind of cringey: a guy going after a girl. But a viewer suggested that I do it, and I'm glad I did. Now I see the song differently and I'm proud of the video that I made for it and hope others think I did it justice.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:07:13 AM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx