gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:27:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PET SQUARES #11: Brian's Breakdown  (Read 978 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2022, 04:37:25 AM »

(Apologies for posting and then un-posting, there was a technical issue with the original upload)

Pleased to offer the latest, Ep. #11 of PET SQUARES: A GEEK'S GUIDE TO THE BEACH BOYS here: https://youtu.be/LtMOAoXEOF8

"Brian's Breakdown" veers from the album review format of the show to examine the chain of events and pressures that led to Brian Wilson's breakdown in December 1964 and how it was both a pivotal event in the band's history, and probably inevitable. I tried to deal with this sensitive topic thoughtfully and fairly. Let me know how I did.

I was able to get this show up in a timely way because of the support of a fundraiser/patron drive for the youTube channel. That is still ongoing...if you are a fan of the show and want to know more, check this link: https://www.karmafrog.com/channel.html. Thanks all!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:03:28 AM by adamghost » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 08:33:36 PM »

Great job, Adam--as noted at YouTube, a new level of gravitas for you in the presentation of this sensitive but crucial material. I think you're now set up for even more authoritative looks at the really major projects that Brian embarks on in the wake of his breakdown--looking forward to those episodes from you whenever time and circumstance permit. I urge everyone here to go watch and to consider providing Adam with some financial support in order to keep this ever-improving material coming our way...
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 02:15:11 AM »

Thanks Don. There are other future episodes - one coming up fairly soon - that I'm planning that will veer away from the album review format.

The reaction to this episode has been the best of the series. I didn't expect that, but I'm certainly glad about it.
Acechaser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 06:59:07 AM »

This was arguably the best (i.e. most informative) analysis of a Brian/Beach Boys topic I've ever seen.  Great job!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx