gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:32:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIFE The Beach Boys magazine  (Read 996 times)
Loves The Sunflower
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »

Forgive me and delete this thread if someone else has already started this topic (looked, didn't see anything), but...

https://www.magazinecafestore.com/products/life-the-beach-boys

Yes, it's a real thing. Snagged myself a  hard copy on my way out of the local pharmacy. Talk about an impulse buy, LOL, but there was an entire display that made it utterly impossible to miss.

Haven't read much of it yet so I can't provide commentary or a review.

Just wanted other BB fans to be aware of it should they be interested in tracking down a copy. Smiley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 12:24:50 AM »

Forgive me and delete this thread if someone else has already started this topic (looked, didn't see anything), but...

https://www.magazinecafestore.com/products/life-the-beach-boys

Yes, it's a real thing. Snagged myself a  hard copy on my way out of the local pharmacy. Talk about an impulse buy, LOL, but there was an entire display that made it utterly impossible to miss.

Haven't read much of it yet so I can't provide commentary or a review.

Just wanted other BB fans to be aware of it should they be interested in tracking down a copy. Smiley

Side question - In that famous early picture of the Boys holding a surfboard (as seen on the LIFE cover), Brian has his hair bleached blonde. I guess he was trying to look like a surfer, I believe that's the consensus?

Curious if anybody knows how long that era lasted with Brian bleaching his hair? And for what timeframe exactly?
I also wonder if it was his idea or perhaps Murry or somebody else suggested it for marketing purposes.
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 06:26:08 PM »

Read it. Well-researched. No new info. Probably not worth $15.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx