gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:13:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howie Edelson Radio Interview on WFMU, Saturday July 2 11am EST  (Read 9965 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2022, 07:37:08 AM »

I feel for those who are going through something internally/mentally. It’s cliche, but I hope that one day we can all just enjoy this amazing music and not get caught up in the drama of it all (I’m 100% guilty of this). I think one day, when all the band has sadly passed, we’ll look back and realize how petty all this was/is.

Why wait until the band has passed?
Honestly? Because nobody on either end of the factions wants to make that first move.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2022, 08:19:59 AM »

I feel for those who are going through something internally/mentally. It’s cliche, but I hope that one day we can all just enjoy this amazing music and not get caught up in the drama of it all (I’m 100% guilty of this). I think one day, when all the band has sadly passed, we’ll look back and realize how petty all this was/is.

Why wait until the band has passed?
Honestly? Because nobody on either end of the factions wants to make that first move.

I really don't think this is the case. It's more of a time issue. If there was a mood/atmosphere of forgive/forget in any Beach Boys fan-faction I would agree with you. But look at the hate that was pummeled onto Howie - that kind of vitriol is still raging in fans. And the vitriol that "counters" that vitriol is still raging in fans. A first move can't be made if people are still getting enraged by a podcast interview, if fans are still lying about other fans, and if people are trying to fight all of this insolence with more insolence (guilty as charged).

But I think in 30 years when LoCash's song hasn't destroyed the brand*, when 10 stereo mixes that Mark and Alan worked on haven't destroyed the reputation of the band, and when people begin to realize how futile all the feuds were, then every old fan will kinda wish that all those arguments and feuds never happened.

I mean, I currently realize how petty all of this stuff is, but yet I will defend someone if they are being lied about. I will defend someone if someone is calling for them to lose their job over a stereo mix. You can't ignore that type of lunacy.

*Also want to edit my point about the LoCash song: while I personally don't think it will destroy the reputation of the band, I find it completely absurd that The Beach Boys would align themselves with a song that glorifies binge drinking when most of the members of the band have dealt with substance abuse (and one has died from it). I find it completely crass and repulsive, but not surprising given what some people in the band will do to get even 20 seconds in the spotlight.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:24:20 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx