gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:01:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sad News - Taylor Hawkins  (Read 2166 times)
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2022, 09:07:56 PM »

Dennis Wilson fan Taylor Hawkins has passed away. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-drummer-taylor-hawkins-obituary-1327112/?fbclid=IwAR0GGVVBeWUx82yuKIdq0VmGQXurK42bVpvGFlZEYPTm7FIqw1zYw10oCsc
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 09:30:42 PM »

Yes very sad news. I still can’t believe the way he sung so much like Dennis on Holy Man several years ago.

https://youtu.be/tDwTA_rabdQ
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 10:02:54 PM »

I just found out. Devastating loss. Great musician and great guy too

I know there’s another thread… I’ll merge the two  threads later. Right now I’m just in shock
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 10:05:34 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 10:28:50 PM »

http://www.fooarchive.com/hpb/thesun08.htm

Taylor talks Denny.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 12:59:14 AM »

My heart goes out to his family and friends. I’m not a Foo Fighters fan, but I can’t count how many times I’ve listened to his version of ‘Holy Man’ throughout the years - it was as if Dennis had come back for one last song.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 01:57:08 AM »

Those are sad news. I just read it. Seems like they are currently on tour so who knows what happened. All thoughts to his family.
When I first heard him sing "Holy Man" I was (and actually still am) amazed at how much he sounded like Dennis on that song. It's so close that it never occurs to me that this was recorded decades after Dennis' death.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 06:25:23 AM »

Very sad news… I’ve often referred to Hawkins as “the happiest drummer in rock” because he always had that big grin when he was drumming and was so thoroughly engaged in his playing. He did a great job singing “Holy Man.”

And here’s the URL for the RS story without Facebook’s tracking attached:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-drummer-taylor-hawkins-obituary-1327112/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 07:34:11 AM »

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEN5i6lRuy53HOIH-WX_uL4kqFggEKg0IACoGCAowxYgCMIBNMK2GuAM?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

John Stamos: This was Taylor Hawkins' last text to me:  "Ya We’ve yet to fully have a hang -Got a put that sh*t together before we die" Wise words from my friend- put that sh*t together!  I'm so f**king sad.  Another one gone too soon.”

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 07:52:58 PM »

Even sadder, sounds like an OD.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/entertainment/taylor-hawkins-preliminary-toxicology-screening/index.html

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 10:58:07 AM »

Really sad to hear this. Another tragedy, another gone far too soon.
"Holy Man" sang by him is one of my favourite songs ever. It's for Bambu what River Song is for Pacific Ocean Blue.
And yes, the way Taylor "channeled" Denny is literally a miracle. Something unique. It is exactly like listening to Denny himself. I hope they are singing and drumming together someplace.
My thoughts to his family and friends.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx