gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:01:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Examples of BBs harmonizing with their own vocals  (Read 865 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2022, 06:47:38 PM »

Brian is probably the BB member who has sung the most with multiple voices of himself on recordings, I'm thinking.

What I mean by that would be the example of the "don't talk" unused vocal section where Brian sang all the harmony parts by himself, stacked on top of each other.

I'm guessing that Carl, followed by Bruce, would I have recorded the next largest amount in this fashion, particularly on the LA Light album.

And of course at various times, Brian had the entire group double the group harmony vocals for a thicker effect, and we also have members regularly double or triple tracking their lead vocals, such as Mike on California Girls for his lead vocal.

But none of that is exactly what I'm talking about... I'm thinking about background harmonies where a single band member sings multiple parts.

Do we have any other examples where the same member is heard singing different parts simultaneously on a given recording? Did Mike or Al ever harmonize with themselves? I'm sure we could find examples of Dennis doing this.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 06:50:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 08:38:09 PM »

I believe that Come Go With Me is entirely Al in the intro. Perhaps the entire song.

Isn’t Cuddle Up all Dennis?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 09:21:23 PM »

It's Gettin' Late has Carl singing backup for himself.
IIRC, Carl and Bruce back up Carl's lead on Livin' with a Heartache.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx