gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:35:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 Copyright Dump -- now gone!  (Read 3503 times)
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:40:03 PM »

Sorry if this has been reported elsewhere.  If so, then just delete the whole thread...

Just got David Beard's "Endless Summer Quarterly" and there's some AMAZING and.. TERRIBLE... news that I, for one, had not heard in the past two months!

Seems there WAS a copyright dump at the end of the year!  But now it's all gone!

At thebeachboysmusic.bandcamp.com there apparently was...

-the second unreleased Flame album!

-an EP titled Misc. Tracks 1971 with "Telephone Backgrounds", "Just For You", "Sing Out A Song", "Sea Cruise" (partial), "Untitled 1971 piano track"

-and seven concerts...
Boston 2/28/71
Syracuse 5/1/71
Bronx 7/1/71
Indianapolis 10/1/71
Princeton 11/13/71
Long Beach 12/3/71
Filmore East 1971

Why they're not out there for us to buy makes no sense.  But nothing in the world makes sense right now, does it?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:51:12 PM »

Sorry for the triple post.  It wouldn't go through at first, so I tried numerous times!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 06:43:39 PM »

Dan, here's the link for the discussion:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,27976.0.html
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 01:57:21 PM »

Was Princeton 11-13-71 a soundboard or just the same as the boot that's already out there? The version of Caroline, No I have from that show is so magic, would love to hear as a soundboard.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 05:37:22 PM »

Was Princeton 11-13-71 a soundboard or just the same as the boot that's already out there? The version of Caroline, No I have from that show is so magic, would love to hear as a soundboard.

Nope, audience-only. I believe the only '71 soundboard recording in existence* is Syracuse from May of that year, and that's in mono IIRC.
(* - unless you count the radio broadcast of closing night at the Fillmore East from June of that year)
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 08:21:18 AM »

MD, thanks for the link to the other thread. 

Hey, I know absolutely NOTHING about Bandcamp.com.  In the other thread, Josh said Bandcamp's "terms of use" were violated by the Beach Boys?  Can anyone explain this to me?  And how much did it cost to listen/download the tracks?  Also, someone told me they heard the tracks were not good quality tracks.  But I'm not seeing that spoken of in these threads, except for bad sounding bootleg crowd recordings of some of the concerts.  So the unreleased tracks and The Flame's second album sounded really good?

Love and merci,
Dan Lega
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 10:56:01 PM »

I think I actually heard Telephone Backgrounds many many years ago…. It sounded familiar….and not good . Still interesting but it’s really just noodling

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 03:29:05 PM »

I would actually love to hear Telephone Backgrounds. Sure, it may be noodling but I’d love to hear it regardless.

The earlier version of San Miguel is also something I’d like to listen to. Even if it might not be released since the official version has been out for a while (and as everyone knows San Miguel is one of my favorite songs), this earlier version might be interesting in the sense that it might show just how much Dennis cared about the song when he started working on the official version.

I also realize the early version of Forever was done at the same session as the early version of San Miguel.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 08:23:40 AM »

I would actually love to hear Telephone Backgrounds. Sure, it may be noodling but I’d love to hear it regardless.

The earlier version of San Miguel is also something I’d like to listen to. Even if it might not be released since the official version has been out for a while (and as everyone knows San Miguel is one of my favorite songs), this earlier version might be interesting in the sense that it might show just how much Dennis cared about the song when he started working on the official version.

I also realize the early version of Forever was done at the same session as the early version of San Miguel.

Although Badman's book mentions that work on "Forever" started "possibly around" January 9th (the date of an early, aborted attempt at "San Miguel"), I'm reliably told that no tape has been found for an early version of that song - just the officially released version.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx