gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:02:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Squares #9 Beach Boys Concert Part 2 is up!  (Read 1122 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2022, 05:58:28 PM »

Hi all, I did promise it wouldn't be long before I released part 2 of PET SQUARES' deep dive into the Beach Boys Concert, and here it is. If you were waiting until you could watch both parts in succession, wait no longer:

https://youtu.be/IiHVV6Cp774

This is probably the more information-packed of the two parts, with a very deep dive into Brian's talents as a bass player and a Darian Sahanaja-requested breakdown of the vocals on "I Get Around" which of course everyone can critique at leisure. Smiley Plus lots more fun adventures in Photoshop. Enjoy!!!

Bob K
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 05:24:17 AM »

Hi Adam - quick question...
On part 1 you flashed a pic of the Live in Sacramento album cover, mentioning it contained the unaltered (truly live) versions of the "In Concert" tracks.
Do I have that right?  I see that download out there on Amazon and would love to hear the "warts and all" versions.  So no post-production on Live in Sacramento?
I've totally enjoyed your Pet Squares videos - great job!!!
Bob   
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 08:51:46 AM »

w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Ahhh!
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 08:07:51 PM »

Hi Adam - quick question...
On part 1 you flashed a pic of the Live in Sacramento album cover, mentioning it contained the unaltered (truly live) versions of the "In Concert" tracks.
Do I have that right?  I see that download out there on Amazon and would love to hear the "warts and all" versions.  So no post-production on Live in Sacramento?
I've totally enjoyed your Pet Squares videos - great job!!!
Bob  

Sort of. My understanding is that it's the "warts and all" recording of both August 1, 1964 shows. A bunch of IN CONCERT came from the earlier show in December 1963 which as far as I know has never been made available in its original form.

I relied heavily on an earlier Pet Sounds post that attempted to piece together what parts are from what shows, and I confess I didn't check that individual's research. I did get my hands on the LIS tracks but I only auditioned a few of them to answer some questions I myself had. If I had to do the video over again I would probably take a closer listen to "Graduation Day" to totally confirm that that *isn't* live, since it's the one song that appears to have live flaws on the vocal track (e.g. the microphone being bumped). But that original poster said the vocals had been replaced and I took his word for it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:08:36 PM by adamghost » Logged
Bob K
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 05:27:50 AM »

Got it - thanks Adam!
Bob
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 03:21:45 AM »

You're welcome Bob!

Shamelessly off topic but I'm going to seize the moment anyway: for anyone that might be a fan of the other main show on the KarmaFrog1 channel, the travel/exploration show ADAM WALKS AROUND, it just returned from a long hiatus, with three more shows already shot during a central Indonesian road trip and another three planned over the summer...

And of course PET SQUARES will be back too, but want to let everyone digest the two eps I just dropped first!

ADAM WALKS AROUND #42 "Reboot": https://youtu.be/IPAkUbBhjks
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx