gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:31:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy birthday, Dennis (77 years old today)  (Read 1486 times)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2021, 10:37:19 AM »

This has been a very good year for Dennis Wilson, with so much more of his music now readily available thanks to the FEEL FLOWS set.

So it's with some extra joy that we can "celebrate the news" and send birthday greetings to the late, lamented, lover-boy "other genius" of the Beach Boys.

Thanks to Brent Wilson and Jason Fine for finding a wonderful way to give a shout-out to Dennis' music in LONG PROMISED ROAD. It may well have been scripted, but it was touching anyway.

Not everyone is in love with Dennis' music, but those that do strongly tend to revere it with a special intensity--something that they sense strongly in the man who created it. There' a "tug of love" there that allows them to "slip on through" to a special bond with the "sound of free."

The fourth of December happens to be my birthday as well, and there are many notable folks born on that day--legendary noir scribe Cornell Woolrich, the great French actor Gerard Philipe, the Big Lebowski Jeff Bridges, English authors Thomas Carlyle and Samuel Butler, Crazy Horse (the Indian leader, not the band!), painter Wassily Kandinsky, poet Rainer Maria Rilke, ever-spunky actress Marisa Tomei--but it's an especially "lucky f*ckin' honor" to share a natal day with Dennis, who was born on this day 77 years ago.

Thanks for your gift of music,  Denny. This year it's been especially evident that it's a gift that keeps on giving!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »

Happy birthday to you, Don, and happy Denny Day to everyone!
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 03:14:28 PM »

Happy Birthday to Dennis Wilson, one of the local radio stations played Slip On Through and a live performance of Help Me Rhonda from 72 with Dennis on lead. Nice tribute.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »

A nice tribute indeed!
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »

Also a nice tribute to Billy Hinsche who played the fine piano solo on the live performance of Help Me Rhonda.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 11:40:36 AM »

I am listening to Pacific Ocean Blue for respect for Dennis Wilson

I had a fast Life
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx